By Anonymous - 13/11/2012 23:17 - United States - Killington

Today, I found a wounded turkey in our backyard. I brought it inside, put it in a cage, and tended to its wounds. I then left. When I got back home, I smelled the wonderful aroma of my mother's cooking. She had prepared a turkey, the one I'd rescued. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 887
You deserved it 5 655

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What kind of mom would just discover a turkey in a cage in her home and not think to ask anyone about it before slaughtering it for dinner? I don't understand

Comments

What kind of mom would just discover a turkey in a cage in her home and not think to ask anyone about it before slaughtering it for dinner? I don't understand

I'm impressed I don't know anyone who knows how to pluck and gut a turkey.

You have obviously never been so hungry you could eat a... Turkey.

Maybe the mom is an older women and has dementia. She might have grown up on a farm and did this all the time.

UltimateGIRness 16

7-it ain't got to be a redneck mom. Most people born and raised in the south wouldnt think about it. Turkey is food and if nobody tells me otherwise,I would cook it

What kind of mother does that? Nobody said it was her turkey to take. If it isn't yours then don't touch it. She is dumb. You can't take back what is done. Also, I agree that it is too early for Thanksgiving unless in Canada and there shouldn't be a turkey on your plate until then.

100: Why should there not be a turkey on their plate until thanksgiving? I eat turkey all the time... albeit in the form of fillets, but still. It's not exclusively for cooking on thanksgiving. You can eat turkey whenever the hell you want.

ur2nvthis85 3

Turkey's expensive. Great family contribution? Sorry about your new pet? Idk what you want from me...

Turkey is like $.37 a pound, that is not expensive. However, this FML doesn't sound straight up hillbilly, so FYL for that. I mean who else could come home same day and find a rescued animal already prepped and cooking?!

Actually, at least at this time of year, you can buy a turkey at Giant Eagle for $0.13/lb. I just got a 20lb turkey for a great price last weekend!

ur2nvthis85 3

It's more expensive where I live. And expensive for one, may not be expensive to another.

rureallyserious 2

Really we paid about $22 for about a 20lb turkey

I'd probably forget about it while im eating it. As long as it tastes good

It's quite hard to just "forget about it" while you're eating something you've invested time and affection into, and it wasn't intended to be eaten.

daves90 5

Yea think about how good it tastes after all the time spend on prepping a fresh turkey

LiterOfCola 16

My friend that grew up in the Philippines actually ate his pet rabbits and said they tasted good. His parents said they were chicken, and he didn't really care.

tsent8 15

^^^ wtf?!? She boiled his bunny!

I'm not even from an obscure country and I know people who raise meat rabbits.

Didn't realize there was a rule against having turkey at other times besides thanksgiving...

Can you blame her? It is near thanksgiving.

Yes, OP can blame her. She did do it, didn't she? It doesn't really matter what time of the year it is.

Turkey's were meant to be eaten. It's the circle of life!

4everblackjack 10

Awe, poor turkey couldn't escape its death. Oh well, I guess that's the cycle of life, don't be too upset OP!

BusinessTurtle 8

Maybe it was a final destination sort of thing. It escaped dying in OP's backyard but couldn't escape OP's mom.

"and savor ham instead" lmao what did pigs do to you to make you dislike them more than turkeys?

Shadow_Phantom 26

What a bitch for cooking a meal? Please explain yourself.

pu13 5

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Violent? I've never seen a turkey attack someone unless that someone was stupid enough to get too close.

I had a turkey as a pet and they aren't violent or stupid. He use to follow me around like a dog and no one in our family even thought about eating him.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

#15- Some people like having turkeys as pets, and it's not your place to judge them for that. It's like when people say chickens are dumb, are only around to be eaten, etc. I own chickens, could never think about eating them. They each have distinctive personalities, they're quite brave and curious, and they're cute! Some people may feel that way about turkeys. Why judge turkeys so harshly? Just don't own them, if you have such a problem with them.