By ArtistBlock - 25/11/2016 05:10

Today, I was in charge of Thanksgiving dinner. I dressed and stuffed the turkey, popped it in the oven and sent a mass text out to my family about how amazing it would be. Everyone arrived, we began making plates of food when I checked the turkey, and realized I never even turned on the oven. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 453
You deserved it 6 184

Same thing different taste

Company time

By IStillHaveMy8hrShiftToGo - This FML is from back in 2014 but it's good stuff - United States - Beaverton

Today, I came in to work early at a restaurant to help out. I stocked, baked pies for the next day, cleaned and set over 50 tables, and vacuumed the entire two stories. When I went to send an order for the first customer of mine, I realized I hadn't even clocked on. Four and half hours of work wasted. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 751
You deserved it 10 913

Top comments

You didn't check the turkey or notice you couldn't smell it cooking?

More time to bond with family! Four more hours of it or so..

Comments

More time to bond with family! Four more hours of it or so..

Chin up, it is not that uncommon a mistake. Hope everyone understood, and yes you will hear about it every year from here on out.

You're family is going to give up overrated holidays ... cold turkey.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

You basically liked your own comment. Great puns are great. Yours... not so much. :)

Why would you want things to heat up with your family? This is thanksgiving dinner, not a **** video. (and no, you aren't)

Taco The Dank 27

You're really good at making bad plays-on-words.

I feel for you, this easily sounds like something I would do. I hope everything turned out alright and everyone was understanding.

Pizza delivery is your friend. Couple pies, some garlic knots and wine.... That's-a Thanksgiving!

You didn't check the turkey or notice you couldn't smell it cooking?

I asked my husband to check it periodically for me; since I had a whole bunch of other dishes to make and prep-- he told me he'd been checking it and it was doing sooooo good. Turns out he's lazy.

Well I guess that's the last time you trust him with checking on your cooking.

At least you still spent thanksgiving with your family! I hope they understood and there was other delicious food ready. :)

It's okay, one year my sister forgot to even thaw out our turkey. We went to IHOP for dinner that year. :)

kitsuneluvuh 12

That seems to be an easier mistake to make than not noticing the oven's off with a raw turkey inside until it's time to eat, since turkeys take much longer to thaw than people would think: 1 day per 4 pounds inside the refrigerator.

Fair point. And she did learn something from the experience. We still joke about it almost every year, and she laughs along because she knows she was a dork.

cootiequeen4444 11

Your FML handle could've been CookBlock...