By JD300 - 22/12/2009 12:15 - United Kingdom

Today, I finally got my wish of having snow on my birthday. Excited, I failed to realise this meant that no one could come to my party, including myself as we were all snowed out of town. What did I spend my 18th doing? Tidying our house. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 029
You deserved it 3 931

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least you got your wish... Why are you not out playing in the snow?!

remy_xi 0

That's incredibly stupid. Why would you cease celebrating being alive? No matter how old you are, it's good to gather for your birthday. Only someone who doesn't enjoy being alive would feel that way.

Comments

Ok, I'll reply. @OP: Oh how horrible! You got to stay home and enjoy your birthday not going to work/school! Hey, you know how my birthday the last few years have been spent (like ever since I was 16)? School/College in the morning, and work at night. Do I feel self pitying? Hell no. Grow up. Once you're past like 13, you're too old to 'celebrate' your birthday.

remy_xi 0

That's incredibly stupid. Why would you cease celebrating being alive? No matter how old you are, it's good to gather for your birthday. Only someone who doesn't enjoy being alive would feel that way.

I would have walked to the store to buy a carton of smokes and smoked them in the snow.

Umm... I don't see any point in celebrating yearly that 'I'm still alive'. It's not exactly an accomplishment, since you have no control over how long you're allotted to live. I mean I'm thankful that I'm alive, yes. But I am not spoiled enough to demand attention/food/presents for that luck.

It's called a dance party, no presents. It's fun enough to make it feel like everybody's birthday. Obviously you've never been to one

tweetbaby14 18

this doesn't make any sense OP said they were snowed out of town but they were stuck at home? either this didn't happen or someone is mental

26. FU*K you for saying that you're too old to celebrate your birthday after the age of 13. 60. You're right.

Duh. Way to realize what snow does on your 18th birthday. Genius.

fmlfmlfml15 0

I think the OP wanted it to snow, but not so much that it would cause everyone to stay home.

At least you got your wish... Why are you not out playing in the snow?!

Bollocks no snow in the UK is deep enough to be completely snowed in, invite a few friends who live close by to come round? By a few crates of beers? Have a laugh in the snow? FFS

You need to take a look at some pictures of Cumbria then my friend! My mate from Uni lives in Kendal and she's taken photos of the snow and she's up to her knees in snow in one picture. It's absolutely insane.

The snow ruined my plans too, an hour in the car and we only got a mile down the road, so we had to call it off.

haha wow that happens to me ALL the time it sucks this was actually my first year being able to celbrate it cuz it wasnt that bad out side

I hope you at least got really, really wasted.

Hey it's my birthday too. Happy birthday to us! :p I'm almost as bad, I turned 21 today but I don't drink.

You wished for the snow, be careful what you wish for.

I remember I had to sit in a car for two hours waiting for snow plows to clear the road. I ended up falling asleep. My brothers didn't even wake me up to go make a snowman! Eh, got to go sledding though!