By Anonymous - 03/06/2018 06:00 - United States - Peoria

Today, I finally came out to my dad, who is a priest, as gay. He responded by splashing me with holy water to "banish the demon within" me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 657
You deserved it 813

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just say you have had better fluids splashed on you and holy water can’t compare.

Bet you if you toss the holy water on the priest you can banish the false ideas that being gay is wrong.

Comments

Was he joking or serious? I am so sorry, that is so heartbreaking to hear.

Just say you have had better fluids splashed on you and holy water can’t compare.

On the bright side, at least he didn't kick you out and/or disown you.

Bet you if you toss the holy water on the priest you can banish the false ideas that being gay is wrong.

Lobby_Bee 17

Did you hiss at your father? That would be a hilarious joke.

Knowing that he is a priest, what else did you really expect from him? You shouldn't let it affect yourself because I don't think he is going to go out of his way to understand you better.. May your demons remain intact!

Tell him to pray for your anal muscles, cuz once the 'demon' gets in, the 'gateway' gonna stay open for the rest of your life leading to escape of umm...'evil dirty creatures'.

Ogden_Wurnstrum 7

that sounds kinda disgusting, dude. He splashed holy water on him, not tried to crucify the guy.

Why would you do that if his response was completely predictable? If your dad were an astronomer, would you come out as a flat-Earther?

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

So you think OP should have kept this secret and lived a lie for their entire life?

Suaria 38

Coming out is not seeking attention. It is simply letting other people know you are not straight. Plus when people in general talk about who they are dating or interested, you could say that is a form of coming out. In that case, most people including straight people come out.

A spoiled brat? So he just up and decided to say he's gay to stir up trouble? I doubt it... it's not unheard of to a daughter/son to come tell their parent/s they're gay... You much be delusional to thing this was just a ruse...

WOW @ the homophobia. Better to leave this up and let it get downvoted away though.

the closeted gay is strong with this one