You shitgibbon!

By Turkeyfryboy - 24/11/2022 12:00

Today, I learned to never put a just-bought-about-an-hour-ago-from-the-grocery-store frozen solid turkey in the turkey frying pot. My job’s banquet hall was burnt to a crisp and the fire department came. The Thanksgiving potluck was ruined. Oh, and I was fired. FML
I agree, your life sucks 245
You deserved it 1 539

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I do not live in America. I have never even seen a whole turkey, let alone cooked one. And even I know that you are not supposed to fling them into a pan *frozen*.

YTA....EVERY year they show something about the dangers involved in deep drying turkeys and to never ever try it with a FROZEN turkey. also, common sense would be to not do it. you obviously have none.

Comments

I do not live in America. I have never even seen a whole turkey, let alone cooked one. And even I know that you are not supposed to fling them into a pan *frozen*.

I'm so confused by the thought process here.

YTA....EVERY year they show something about the dangers involved in deep drying turkeys and to never ever try it with a FROZEN turkey. also, common sense would be to not do it. you obviously have none.

Marcella1016 31

That’s extremely unfortunate, but IMO it’s pretty ****** up that you got fired. Like, it really sucks that the banquet hall burned down and the potluck was ruined, but you didn’t do it intentionally - you made a mistake. Are you a firefighter? That’s the only reason I could see for getting fired for not knowing this. Sorry, OP. Hard lesson to learn, and I hope you find another place of employment soon. And that no one was hurt.

Geez, OP...your company has Internet, right? It never occurred to you to just GOOGLE "how to cook a turkey" when agreeing to do it? I suspect you were fired because you were shortsighted, reckless, and unwilling to do basic research for a task, which is a red flag in any job.

There's an entire YouTube genre about Fried Turkey Fires. You're one of the last to learn about this phenomenon.

After all those safety videos about the dangers of placing a frozen turkey into a fryer there still managed to be one person that didn’t know.

Wild to me that this still happens despite the internet being readily available now. If you can upload about how you burnt down a building with a frozen turkey, you can google how to deep fry a turkey.

I'm amazed no one else spotted your mistake but this was a very dumb thing to do.

William Shatner warned us about this, dude. Pay attention to the wisdom of your elders.