You must conform

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff - Germany - Titisee-neustadt

Today, I'm the only grandchild who regularly visits, calls, and runs errands for my grandparents, even though I live two hours away. I'm also their biggest disappointment because I'm not married. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 533
You deserved it 1 694

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just go with the flow and ignore it. I am 41, married, have kids, and my grandma still thinks I am gay, all because I didn't care about girls when I was a teenager. As long as you are happy with your life the way it is, who cares what the grandparents think.

If I've learned anything from rom-coms, it's that hiring an actor to play your husband will result in marriage. You should start taking tips from movies. It's guaranteed to work.

Comments

If you don't want to get married now/ ever that's fine. But if you ever DO want to get married you are automatically their favorite and you will get the most money when they die.

Yeah because that's the most important thing. I swear, people these days...

Remind them that if you were married and had kids you would not have the time to visit them and run errands for them.

I guess that's the reason why my grandparents don't like that Frozen movie.

You should really call them on that. It's a really negative way to look at the life of a person they love and who is good to them.

Grow up and tell your family to help you. If you don't then that's your fault

Maybe their attitude is the reason their other grandkids don't visit them.

Three words mail order bride. See if they'll pay for it

Sounds like they wouldn't miss the visits, and you could safe yourself a lot of time and hassle. Although, depends on whether ot not you actually enjoy being around them, or if you're just dojng it all to be nice to them.

I'm sorry. I feel your pain. I have the same problem with my Dad. It's like I broke his heart when I didn't end up marrying my ex.

Do they say that you are a disappointment or do you just feel like you are a disappointment because you are not married?