WTF dude?

By 4evalone - 22/04/2016 18:06 - United States

Today, the man I love, who broke my heart by leaving me a few months ago, showed up to a family event and pulled off the most elaborate, romantic proposal I've ever seen. He was proposing to my cousin. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 380
You deserved it 1 659

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I would have beat his ass to a pulp. That is so disrespectful. I'm so sorry.

I have no words for how ****** up that is

Comments

I can't imagine it being that elaborately planned and romantic if he ended up having to do it in front of his ex and her close family. It might seem like he's got his perfect fairy tale relationship, but the scale of his proposal has no bearing on how their relationship is going. Let them get on with it and focus on caring for yourself and the positives of not having such an insensitive twerp as a boyfriend anymore.

0262944 15

Well if he "Broke" OP's heart he wasn't thinking about how she would feel but about how happy her cousin would feel so... give your cousin my congratulations. LOL

TWayne95 13

Well he did wait a few months to propose to the cousin and other than the venue it sounds like it was an awesome proposal and maybe he's an all around swell guy

Helldemon 32

More likely he was cheating on the girl with her cousin.

I'm sorry this happened to you, OP, but really, you dodged a bullet. Someone who would do something like that is never going to be someone you want to rely on.

It's very easy for anyone to comment because said situation has not happened (hopefully never happens) to them, but for him to propose to her cousin(which is family no matter if close or not). It is a (family) gathering, how disgusting that this ignorant fool would propose to her cousin there. And for the people saying "love is love", that's just b.s. What are the odds of dumping a girlfriend and a few months later one is ready for marriage and with the exes cousin. Yeah right. It isn't good to wish anyone bad, regardless of how disgusting and inconsiderate their points of view are but I wish OP nothing but the best.

Wait, so if one of my cousins dates someone I automatically can't date them? Or if I do date them I can't bring them to family events? That's the dumbest thing ever. Just because I'm related to someone doesn't mean they're important to me or someone I need to consider at all times.

finalyearsofhate 22

I seriously hope she said no. What a pathetic excuse for a man.

Men like him make the rest of us look bad.