Welcome home!

By jeoak - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - India

Today, I was moving into my new apartment. The previous owner had refused to move out until today, and when I got there, I realized I didn't have a key. I was about to call him when I found out I didn't need to; he took the door. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 097
You deserved it 2 325

Top comments

This guy seems a little unhinged if you ask me. A pity he had to bolt before you could stop him.

Comments

In the US, apartments are owned by landlords, and they are responsible for fixing these problems. Does it work that way in India? Or do you have to fix it? If you have to fix it, FYL. If the landlord does, it probably just means moving in a day later.

Wow. He should of given you a heads up. It's fine he took the door; it's his property, but now you'll be doorless for a while.

Shit, didn't see the part where it says he lived in an apartment. Don't mind me, people. *crawls back into dark hovel*

Open door policy, looks like you might want to find some new apartments.

maybe the building just has an open door policy on burglaries

There are so many things he could have taken...be careful OP!

Who friggin takes a door when moving!?!?

Well the previous owner does, obviously... He must have had a lot of fond memories of that door and just couldn't bear to let it go.

Sounds like he took "furniture not included" a little too literally.

KiddNYC1O 20

I thought of the Kool Aid man busting through your door...

Who the hell takes the door of a apartment? Smh , do ppl really do this shit?

Yes. Yes they do. In the early 1970's, my parents bought a house. When we arrived to move in, the previous owners had taken the doors, the windows, the plumbing, the kitchen fixtures, the toilets, and even the tile off the floor. They also took all the electrical fixtures in the house. We got to move into basically a hollowed-out shell. In what was then rural South Florida. During mosquito season. The first morning we woke up there was a large toad sitting on my mother's head that had crawled through the ineffectually boarded up windows (or was already in the house).

cryssycakesx3 22

people that may have bought the door...