We need to talk…

By HeatherRosure18 - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United States - Glendale Heights

Today, while at the nail salon, my boyfriend called. Since I was getting my nails done, I had to put him on speaker. The whole salon heard him break up with me. I can still hear their snickering in my head. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 613
You deserved it 7 606

Top comments

zingline89 18

Sorry OP, guess he really nailed you with that one. Maybe you should have worked on polishing your relationship while you could. Though I gotta hand it to you, you seem to have taken it well.

FYL, I'm really sorry he did that and I'm even more sorry the whole salon laughed. That was grossly unprofessional and uncalled for. I would make some kind of complaint about that if I were you, not that it would reverse what they did but some people need to be taught when it is and isn't OK to cross boundaries. As for your now ex- embrace life without that douche x

Comments

I guess it is pretty rude to use loudspeaker in public, but wtf? Who the hell laughs at someone who's just been dumped? Bastards. Find a new salon with nicer people in it.

Well, OP, at least you've got good nails for your next BF!

perdix 29

Now, you've got a good excuse to stiff the manicurist on the tip, and plow that money into a big ol' tub of Ben and Jerry's.

We all go through that, including the bitches that were "snickering". And if they haven't, they will. Just flip them off and don't show any signs of caring until you get alone. Show them you can be strong while they're weak. I hate bitches like that. And may I ask why he broke up with you?

wow... what a douchebag! Breaks up with you over the phone? He's a coward!

That's why I always tell people they're on speaker. Also, I respect that they may not want to be heard by everyone around. Or did you tell him and he continued anyway?

Why don't you just tell him to call you back instead of forcing everyone in the vicinity to have to hear your stupid personal drama? **** I hate rude people.

While I'm sorry that happened to you, that's rude as ****. You're in public, and the rest of the world doesn't want to hear your conversation. It's also rude to the person put on speaker, because they don't necessarily want their conversation broadcasted.

What if he didn't know she was in public? She may have just tried to put him on speaker to let him know she's out and will call him back shortly; she can't exactly text that to him. Either way he's a douche for not waiting until she's alone, and a pussy for doing it over the phone.

I meant it was rude behavior to the person who called. As in, how rude of her to just put someone on speaker. No one likes to be on speaker phone.

But if he's the type to become annoyed if she simply doesn't answer, then yeah I would have put him on speaker for the two seconds it takes for me to tell him I'll call him back in a little while too. I'd rather save the fight.

He's a pussy for breaking up with you over the phone. Sorry, OP.