We live in a society

By Your Losss Tho Babe - 29/10/2023 14:00

Today, I was yet again rejected by the man of my dreams. He’d rather date these girls with no college degree, no career, can’t cook/clean, etc., just because they have a pretty face and a nice body, instead of me who has a respectable future, career, and education. What is wrong with society nowadays? FML
I agree, your life sucks 207
You deserved it 970

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You're the female equivalent of the nice guy simp, which is not attractive no matter what you look like. Then you blame society instead of considering the complexities of personal attraction and how the person in your mirror affects them.

Not everyone cares about education, career, etc in a relationship. Honestly, the way this FML is phrased, you come off as someone who thinks they are better than others, and that is a huge turnoff to many people

Comments

Not everyone cares about education, career, etc in a relationship. Honestly, the way this FML is phrased, you come off as someone who thinks they are better than others, and that is a huge turnoff to many people

Different people find different things attractive. Nothing you do will make you universally attractive or entitle you to anyone you want. He's clearly not interested. Find someone who is.

You're the female equivalent of the nice guy simp, which is not attractive no matter what you look like. Then you blame society instead of considering the complexities of personal attraction and how the person in your mirror affects them.

There are plenty of single guys out there who would be happy to be with a woman with the qualities you described. Why aren't they the man of your dreams? Probably cause your selection criteria are just as superficial as you think his were.

Men and women generally want different things, mostly due to societal gender roles and expectation. For most men their partner’s career and wealth are not particularly important, but their physical attractiveness is, as is how fun they are as a companion doing things. It’s not fair, It sounds like the problem is that you’re trying to attract a man the way you’d find a man a valuable mate and not the way a man would find a woman to be a valuable mate.

Don't be anyone's back up girl. Get rid, forget about him, block him and move on. You have idolised him to the point of ignoring his massive flaw of only going for "looks". But funny thing is...looks fade with age. What's he going to do? Cheat and trade up every 5 years? Ridiculous. He will never see you as anything else but a shoulder to whine on that another woman is gone. Ditch him, for your own sanity, and find someone who loves you for who you are. Who loves you for ALL of you. This "man of dreams" will soon come crawling back to you when he realises you don't idolise him anymore but stay strong, and remove him from your life. If he can't see you are worthy now, he never will.

My mother had a pretty face and no degree. She never got the opportunity to study or have a career. However she taught me the most valuable things. To stay humble a respect everyone no matter their level of education or their ambition. This is something that you seem unable to pass on to your kids.

Sounds like you're doing the same thing that you're complaining about. Maybe stop going after "the man of my dreams", and go for something more realistic.

The 'person of someones dreams' is someone who loves you for who and what you are. What you are doing is obsessing over someone who is unobtainable. Or you are getting your rocks off on the rejection. Either way you need to pull up your big girl pants and move on. The guy DOESN'T WANT YOU. Take the feckin' hint and go find someone who actually does.

How many times have you asked this guy out? I'm sorry, but take a hint. Such a guy isn't worth your time and effort.