Unfair

By bm128902 - 01/10/2009 04:05 - United States

Today, I had a meeting at work. My boss was going around saying that she tries to give time off to the other managers so they can spend time with their family and significant others. She looked at me and said she doesn't for me because I have no one special to spend time with. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 530
You deserved it 2 848

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What a bitch! She had no right to say/do that! :O

Eh, your boss is evil. Get a significant other :D

Comments

Gruffy 0

Not cool...your boss is a total bitch... this coming from a single man who once got fired on Valentines day, so I hear ya...FYL, and your boss

Yeah, it's pretty bitchy, but a question: DO you have anyone? IF not....yeah, she may be out of place to say anything, but she's not incorrect. You don't get time off for being single.

mcsnelly 5

Just because she's not married/not dating anyone doesn't mean she doesn't have friends and family and would want just as much time off to spend with those people as people who are married and/or have kids. Not being married and having kids doesn't mean she doesn't have a life and doesn't deserve just as much time off work.

lapi_fml 0

you don't get time off for being married, either. I'm sorry, but as someone who was responsible in her youth, nothing irritates me more than having to constantly stay late and pick up extra shifts because my coworkers have kids and are somehow exempt from any sort of workplace accountability. It is completely unreasonable to treat a person different just because he or she has a different relationship status.

Crunchy08 0

She seems like I nice boss...as long as ur not single that is

anonymous292 0

No she shouldn't hook up with her boss I am sure they are not lesbians. Just because she is single doesn't mean she doesn't deserve to have time to herself and family/friends. Just because she isn't dating anyone doesn't mean she is some social outcast, who needs a life. Maybe she just has more important things going on in life, and doesn't have the time to date, especially since her boss makes her work all the time.

anonymous292 0

just cause she isn't dating anyone doesn't mean she is weird and unstable.

martic835 2

Sometime like this happened to me when I worked as a cashier. I didn't realize that almost all my fellow co-workers were single mothers until word got around that I was childless. Soon enough people were beginning me to switch shifts with them so they could go home early to be with their families. I always refused. Just because I have no kids or (at the time) no significant other doesn't mean I want to take on your burdens.

well, now you can work more hours. :D