Touch grass

By TheDarth - This FML is from back in 2015 but it's good stuff - United States - Bedford

Today, it's got to the point where my parents have to force me to plan social outings. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 216
You deserved it 5 806

Top comments

Xobubblyxo 23

Who needs to be social when there's Netflix and food

Dreamsorrow93 24

My parents use to yell at me to leave the house, so I stayed out so late so many times in a row, they now tell me to stay home. McDonald's free wifi and free refills wasn't so bad.

Comments

Plan one for you as well...so you don't have to be there unless you want to be...

My parents just did the same thing to me today.

Man I understand...I'm so anti-social it's sad.

Nothing to be ashamed about. some people just don't do "going out". I won't personally go anywhere unless i got at least 2-3 of my buddies with me, and with their schedules, that rarely happens. I mean i'll just "kick it" with one of them at the house, but actually going out? if i'm not with a group i'm in fight or flight the whole evening.

SquirrellyGirl 20

And so on FML there's bitching about parents who don't care, and there's bitching about parents who care. Gosh.

I am an introvert , but thanks to my parents forcing me to get out of the house I can function somewhat normally in society. It sucks for now, but eventually you will thank them.

If it's a social phobia that's the issue, they should be taking you to a pyschiatrist or therapist. Same if it's depression or something else psychiatry or pyschology based. If it's just that you don't go out often, they should be happy you aren't involved in crime, drugs, pregnant or gotten someone pregnant, and be content with that. Plus, staying in is cheaper than going out.

sup OP. I made an account to make this comment so please listen up. From what I see, your parents want the best for you. I'd advise listening to them. Back when I was still in primary school I had tons of friends and loved to hang out with them, even if it was only at school. When I entered high school, things changed. I had few friends and literally never left the house other than family friend things. Basically no real social life. This whole time, my mum kept pushing me to go out. She bargained and pleaded. She asked more times than I could count. She was nice about it most of the time, but harsh other times. I didn't listen for 6 years. Now this whole time, I was really introverted. Couldn't stand ordering at maccas ffs. social anxiety, depression and introversion. I was too scared to make friends, let alone go out. Now come uni. At this point I was sick of it. Sick of my parents pushing me so hard, and most importantly, sick of being a loser. Cut all the PC crap, that's what I was. So first day at orientation, I promised myself, that no matter how hard it would be, I would make friends and I'd make up those 6 years of high school in uni. And so far, I've been doing just that. On that first day it was so hard. So ******* hard to go up to someone and make conversation for the first time in my life. It killed every fibre in my being but I did it. And so far, nothing in life has been more scary (mostly) than that moment. I made a friend when I pushed through the fear and talked to someone. Simply asked, "hey how's it going?", and it changed my life. Now, 1.5 years later I'm halfway through my course and go out most weekends. I'm never alone at uni, always someone to talk to, no matter what my class is. I still spend a lot of time playing vidya on my computer, but even that's with friends that I made. Best part? Never been happier. Everything's more comfortable. I feel motivated to change. Whether it's losing weight, studying harder or just making a new friend, I'm motivated. Simply put, life's better. Now if you're not going out because you simply don't want to, just try it. If you're having trouble interacting with people, problems being social and all that, just remember things can change. I used to be really introverted, and I laugh on the inside whenever someone says they're introverted and can't change. It's possible. It'll feel like the hardest thing in the world but it's possible. Anyways that's my life story lol. I hope this helps you, or anybody else having such troubles. Just remember your parents are doing this for you. My parents have told me many things in my life, and they still do. But everytime I listen to them, I realise they were right. Now go out there and enjoy life :)