By Anonymous - 05/09/2009 07:22 - United States

Today, while I was at the beach I decided to go into the ocean even though the waves looked rough. While I was in the water, I got caught by the riptide and needed to be saved. The reason I was at the beach? I'm a lifeguard. Now all my co-workers won't stop laughing at me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 104
You deserved it 18 079

Same thing different taste

Comments

suckstobeyou3 0

All lifefuards know or I guess SHOULD know not to panic in that situation and swim to the left until you get to a point where the rip tide isn't as strong, then swim to shore. Making someone swim out to save you puts someone else's life at risk, too.

I think it's at the very least a given that they know what the tidal patterns are like in their area. Also it should be true that they KNOW not to put others (ie. other life guards) lives at risks from their own stupidty, there is no other name for it.

I hope you were on a break... going to play the water while on duty would be just plain irresponsible. Also, you need to be retrained for how to react in a dangerous situation. Fail.

YDI. You of all people should have known better than to jump in!

If you are a lifeguard, you should at least know that there is no such thing as a riptide. Get your terminology right. it's a rip current. And for those that don't know, sometimes beaches get rough enough that it's basically like the whole beach is a rip current. But if you're actually a life guard, you should know better. YDI.

Up here where I live (BC Canada) they are known as 'riptides'. Just because you don't use a certain term in your area of the world doesn't mean that no one anywhere uses it.

yeah i'm from washington, and we always call them rip tide. on signs, in ocean classes, etc.

visage 0

Please say you don't live in Daytona. If you do let me know what tower you're at so you don't kill my family.

as a certified lifeguard in new york i know for a fact that you need to go through tests and training before youre able to work. FAKE.

the_mus_is_loose 0

wow i work at the beach as well. we have a name for lg like u HORNDOG!!!!!!!!! how the hell could u pass the test if ur that bad of a swimmer

My dad and I were almost in a riptide. It got really deep; There weren't any waves; The pretty lifeguard blew her whistle, so my dad and I swam parallel to the shore and were brought back to the shore by the waves. By the way, this was at Ocean City, Maryland.

Madman5222 0

I am speaking from experience here. (Being a red cross certifiyed lifeguard myself) No way in hell you are a lifeguard. Any guard who is open water certifiyed knows how to get out of rip tide...