By gotta euthanize em all - 29/11/2014 19:45 - Canada

Today, while at work, I had to spend an hour and a half on the phone, listening to an old lady relive her entire day in excruciating detail. We're not allowed to hang up on customers, and she was extremely quick to dismiss all my attempts to steer the call back on topic. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 986
You deserved it 3 707

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She's obviously lonely. What's an hour and a half when you've probably made that woman's day!

Cheer up OP, lucky it wasn't an angry customer who was drilling you for every wrong the company has ever done to her.

Comments

U did something good and made a little old woman's day, feel good!

To what (phone-specific) job does the hang up rule apply? Surely the employer would have some exceptions......but hey if she eagerly wanted to discuss her day it would have meant a lot for her for SOMEONE to listen. You've done a good deed :)

If you don't work on commission I don't see the problem

Clearly she's lonely and she needs to talk to someone.

Oh man, that sucks. The reason it's probably such a big deal to OP is that his call time is recorded, and each day the call time is added up and averaged out, and a high call time can affect his other stats like sales/referrals (if that applies to him). So even one long call can mess with his other stats if he has to make a certain number of sale or referrals in accordance with his call time. And if his stats are too low, it can incur penalties. So FYL, OP, I understand your pain.

Be more positive! You likely made her day! Plus, you were being paid to listen to her! ^_^

You were on the phone with my mom in law? Uncanny... Thanks for taking her off _my_ hands for that hour and a half.

SauceySarah 30

Some people are just lonely and need a friend to talk to.