By quasimodo - 22/02/2010 21:24 - United States

Today, we were drawing self-portraits in school. I'm horrible at art, so I turned to the person next to me and stated that mine looked really ugly. He replied saying, "No, it looks exactly like you." FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 753
You deserved it 6 827

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kylejandginap 0

did you ever think that maybe he was trying to be nice?

Comments

I think he was saying you did good, considering you were drawing self-portraits, and you usually Want them to look like you...

it could be taken two ways: one he was kidding like people always say "...your face" two he's saying "no, it's not ugly, it looks like you"

He was just trying to make you feel better -_-

It's ok if this is the case, but I was wondering whether English is your native language. According to your story the dialogue went as follows. OP: "My portrait is really ugly." Guy: "No, it looks just like you." Sorry if I fail to see the FML... you said the portrait was ugly, he said the portrait was realisitic. That says something about your art skills not your looks, he is saying you achieved your goal. If you had said " I am really ugly." and he had responded "Yea, you're right." then you'd MAYBE have an FML.

Uh, I think he was just complimenting your art.

He's not saying you're ugly. The idea was you were supposed to make the best self portrait you can (by making it look just like yourself). He's saying that you did a good job on your drawing.

25shark 5

maybe he meant it was good and it looked like u, not ugly

aww he probably meant that it wasn't ugly and it looked good, just like you.

he had good intentions, he's not going to say "THAT'S HORRIBLE!!" because he's nice