By nomoreart - 09/02/2011 00:30 - United States

Today, I was working on my art portfolio. I had drawn a self-portrait. When I was satisfied, I wanted to show my parents. They thought it was a drawing of a bear. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 399
You deserved it 5 220

Same thing different taste

Top comments

krazy_glu3 0

well if you are a bear then you did a great self portrait :D

you'll have to bear with them. maybe you were looking a bit grizzly. then again, if you were fishing for complements you're berry lucky they even said that. i can see how paw-ful this is, but you may have to wait un-tail you're a better artist to do self portraits. some people just can't see the forest for the trees.

Comments

krazy_glu3 0

well if you are a bear then you did a great self portrait :D

well they told you the truth so now you just have to grin and bear it!

AsianCookie247 14

you'll have to bear with them. maybe you were looking a bit grizzly. then again, if you were fishing for complements you're berry lucky they even said that. i can see how paw-ful this is, but you may have to wait un-tail you're a better artist to do self portraits. some people just can't see the forest for the trees.

krazy_glu3 0

It's as if you already had that saved in anticipation of a bear-related FML.

And the terrible jokes keep coming! -.- That includes you too 6 and 35 >.> I've lost hope in mankind... T_T

Hahah, I thought #6 and #35s comments were funny :D

I don't think to survive we need amazing puns

I'm also an artist currently practicing at university and time and time again i have made portfolios, a quote that has always meant something to me is "The worst thing that you can say to an artist is that it's good" art is something that can never be perfected and criticism is something you learn to take over time and learn what you can improve upon. The reason that quote is so important is because people might tell you that it's good, but it doesn't do you any good, where is the room for improvement. So good luck OP, art is always in the eye of the beholder there is never perfection.

then why don't people fail art degrees if it's never perfect? I am a perfect artist because mine is in my head!

because like he said if it's good to the artist, it doesn't matter what anybody thinks. also the teachers look for: lines, shading, detail and ect..

Either you are a bad artist or you are fat and hairy.