By Debra - 14/05/2018 13:00 - United States - Bloomington

Today, I had the class clown of my preschoolers oversleep our daily 15-minute nap. Not wanting to spare any more class time on his disrupting jokes, I let the headache sleep. After another 10 minutes we called an ambulance. He had a stroke. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 997
You deserved it 1 013

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ChromoTec 24

Just so you know, this wasn't your fault. Typically there are little to no signs of a stroke before it happens. And to a kindergartener? Practically unheard of.

Well the little headache probably has a big one now. Sorry to hear about thay OP, not your fault.

Comments

PenguinPal3017 19

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
8313girl 28
chubbear 14

What the hell made you think this was a good thing to make fun of???

Please update OP. We gotta know if he’s ok

Strokes are hard to see and in a kid that young? There's got to be some underlining reason for that.

OMG. We need a section for follow ups. I need a follow up on this. OP was the kid Ok?

there is one.. in the drop down menu title follow up...

peithecelt 28

so not your fault, and oh that poor kid!! please update!

You are responsible for him, but unless it has happened before (and his parents failed to deliver the news), do not blame yourself for it, OP. I am glad that after some time, you did check on him and was able to determine it was indeed a medical emergency. Strokes in children are rare, but I have seen it before.

Way to be a team player, OP. But really, is the kid gonna live?

Guess you're not the only one with a headache...

Unless you had warning beforehand that the child had a medical condition, you couldn't have known. Most signs of a stroke are rather subtle, and it's not very common for a preschool-age kid to have one. Please let us know how the kid is doing.

i do feel like .. positing this online isn't a great idea .. I'm assuming there will be an investigation to prove or disprove negligence..