By Anonymous - 01/06/2009 10:46 - United States

Today, three women came into my work and one was wearing a shirt with a rainbow that said, "We are everywhere". I had just gotten what it was referring to and when I greeted them I ended up saying "Hi gays!" instead of the standard "Hi guys". FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 994
You deserved it 51 522

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You wear a shirt that says that, you can't be offended by "Hey, gays!". It's a little funny. A little. :)

I live in SoCal - we refer to everyone here as "you guys". Just like in the south more than one person is "y'all". Guys doesn't always mean "male".

Comments

@61 Hi, this is the kettle I heard from a friend you said something about me being black?

OP: Whoopsies. Commenters: Okay, people, this is getting ridiculous. I seriously hope the mods shut the comments of on this 'cause some of ya'll are being just plain nasty. Seriously. Name calling? What, are you all in third grade? This is supposed to be a "fun" site. I didn't come on here to see people getting ticked off at one another for being "OMG GAY". And as for the people responding to them - stop. You're not gonna get anywhere. If they have any backbone, people believe in what they believe in and will stick to their guns. F my life for not having anything better to do than read through these comments.

Freud - 1 OP - 0 35 - Your comment didn't even make sense. Did you read over what you wrote!? 46 - "you dont have the same rights? youre missing a few, but as a person youve got exactly the same rights as me. your life isnt that bad." That makes no sense. They can't get married and there are places where they can lose their jobs/homes because of their sexual preferences. Just because you have your eyes shut too tight to see it doesn't mean that the inequality doesn't exist.

@66 Yes and aside from a typo makes sense as it is a reply to #32.

i say stupid shit like that alll the time.. were they pissed?

I try to keep it light on here, but wow some of you are so blind to stuff.... (in the States) Sexuality is NOT a protected by the EEOC and it is not yet illegal to discriminate against someone because of their sexual orientation - including in the workforce, when applying for loans, anything. In order to marry, I would have to move to one of the few states that allows it and remain there, but still cannot be legally recognized federally - i.e. tax benefits. If my partner were dying in a hosptial room, I could be denied the right to be with her in her final moments because we cannot be married and thus afforded those same rights. Now tell me how I have the same rights as you do. Then tell me you are sick of hearing about my pride. as for the post - a funny slip up. Did they laugh?

GMSD213 0

hahahahaha thats HILLARIOUS

i agree with #11, you don't see me walking around with a shirt that says "straight and proud of it", because frankly no one gives a crap.

@69 except that my Uncle who was the CEO of a relatively large sized New England company that will remain unnamed, recently had to step down from his position because he harrassed a gay guy at the workplace (talked to him with a mocking lisp once) and attempted to fire the same gay guy for reasons based on his sexual orientation. Yes my uncle is a jackass and deserves what happened to him. Guess what happened to THE POOOOOOR LITTLE HELPLESS GAY GUY. He got an OBSCENELY large amount of money when he sued the company. My uncle is now jobless because of this incident. Don't come up in here pretending to know what you are talking about, gay people can't get married in some states, but straight people can't sue for thousands of dollars by throwing the "omg HATE CRIME!" mentality around that so many minorities love.

well, in the state i live "hate crimes" aren't recognized. a guy named Sean got called a fag (by a guy he lent a cig to when asked) and punched in the face so hard that he broke all his facial bones. then he fell and hit his head on the curb and his brain ricocheted so forcefully that his brain became unattached to his brain stem. he died that same night. the guy that punched him called one of Sean's friends and told them that "That fag owes me $500 dollars for my broken hand" that man got only 3 years in prison for "accidental" man slaughter. Sean's organs save five people's lives.