By Anonymous - 19/05/2013 20:33 - United States

Today, the weather was beautiful, so I decided to go out skating. I guess I took a wrong turn into a bad neighborhood, because I ended up being chased several blocks by a group of jacked-up thugs wielding baseball bats and taunting, "Skate or die, homie!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 675
You deserved it 6 388

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I can see this being made into a movie.

I didn't choose the skate life, the skate life chose me.

Comments

I swear they should put all these first world gangsters in a third world country for a week and see if they really like that lifestyle.

What doesn't make any sense? That comment was pretty clear.

ItsAnanya 25

Did you know that third world countries are not actually poor and undeveloped countries. They were the countries which were neither allied to USA , nor Russia during the the Cold War. *proud face* My GeoPolitics teacher would be so proud.

52 That's not really accurate. For example, I'm pretty sure Haiti is poor and undeveloped. It's the main reason the Haiti earthquake did so much damage. I don't think third world relates directly (if at all) to who they were aligned with.

CommentModerated 17

I have to chime in that she's technically right. But since most of the nuetral countries were extremely poor, and non-industrialized, it became a stereotype to refer to poor countries as "third world countries". As I understand, the term is generally accepted both ways, but more commonly in reference to poor countries.

They would be richer there then here so they probably wouldn't even attempt to live the same lifestyle.

66 I was commenting on the fact that she said third world countries aren't poor and undeveloped. I assumed she meant third world countries only refer to the neutral countries during the war, and didn't pertain to the living standards there. But that is interesting if that's how the term developed, I never knew how it originated.

ItsAnanya 25

Most of the third world countries are poor yep , but that is not the true definition of the term. But since so many people began to refer poor and undeveloped countries as "third world countries " without knowing the actual meaning, gradually everyone started using it in the other sense . The UAE and Saudi Arabia? They are third world countries but are very rich ( not as much as the world super powers , but yes, they are very rich ) . Well you learn something new everyday yeah? ^~^

Political Science major here. I'm pretty sure Saudi Arabia is a pretty important ally of the United States now so calling it a "third world" country by the proper definition is invalid.

http://www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/third_world_countries.htm

seniorchang 16

How tragic! It's likely that you are too young to have laughed at the word play while fearing for your life. Sad. Just sad. Next time they should use a more contemporary threat.

MichaelT17 9

I got u I liked it I won't let ya go down -11 likes

redmane 21

#44, I got you. I made it even and put you down to -10. You're welcome.

Wizardo 33

'They see me rollin', they hatin', tryna catch me ridin' dirty'.

Pditty and his bad boys must be really bored these days

I dare the next person to unlike my comment to explain why? I actually thought it was quite clever.

You said "I dare the next person to unlike comment..." so I did. But I too thought it was funny, so don't worry let 'me hate!

KrustyKrap 5

But you gotta respect Diddy for at least giving Biggie the recognition he deserved. It's just too bad it didn't last longer. :( R.I.P The Notorious B.I.G 1972-1997

perdix 29

New Hampshire ought to consider this to "freshen up" their state motto.

As a resident of New Hampshire (I lied on my profile), I would love for this to happen.

I didn't grab no shoes or nothin,' Jesus. I skated for my life!

Another classic reference. Personal fav:)

that's when you find a hill and utilize gravity..

YOU CAME TO THE WRONG NEIGHBORHOOD, ************.