By sideeffect001 - 22/01/2016 17:03 - United States - Logan

Today, the company I work for lost 3-weeks worth of time sheets, so we have to fill them all out again. I don't remember what I did yesterday, let alone three weeks ago. That's why I religiously fill out the time sheets in the first place. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 991
You deserved it 1 584

sideeffect001 tells us more.

sideeffect001 22

OP here, the company does all the timekeeping online. The server went down and they were only able to restore it back to the end of November. I'll be keeping my own copy of hours from now on.

Top comments

Ever heard of the Internet? You're company should try storing documents on it

It's strange that they don't keep at least one other copy if they're sticking to paper time sheets. Take a photo of your sheets and keep it on your phone in case this happens again. It may also be in your (and your company's) best interest to suggest an online scheduling system like Hot Schedules or something if budgeting allows.

Comments

Always keep a back up on your phone or at home. I'm the same way lol

My work has 3 places where our worked schedules are. A paper one, and 2 online ones. And I still write down my hours just in case. You can never be too safe! maybe you should keep a little notebook with it all written down.

zeffra13 31

If you're filling in your time get yourself, you should always keep your own copy in case the company screws up entering your hours.

Asinger06 1

Always make an extra copy. ALWAYS!

LoneBooker88 16

You should get yourself a planner and write down the days and hours you work. That way you will never lose track of when you work again. That's what I do, and it works! :)

I have mine in my google calendar. Impossible for me to lose it.

Since you're telling us that you need to remember what you did and it's a paper system. I'm going to guess that you're working shop hours. I'd suggest taking a pic of you're work orders or writing down each job.

OP, there is an app called "work shifts" that allows you to keep annual check on shifts and hours worked. check play or istore.

Always make a copy of your time sheet. Always....I mentioned always, right? My employer lost too many and made too many errors.