By lissabobissa - 20/07/2015 07:32 - United States - San Francisco

Today, the AC broke at work. I work in a hotel and every single guest asked me if I knew how hot it was in the lobby. It was 96 degrees for 7 hours. I definitely knew. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 720
You deserved it 1 751

lissabobissa tells us more.

lissabobissa 18

Hello everyone! OP here. Anyways, it was pretty funny after a while how all the guests kept trying to make small talk about the heat while I was visibly sweaty and annoyed (attractive, I know.) Luckily we have a shuttle and I periodically just went out and sat in it for a few minutes with the AC blasting in my face so it helped a little. Also, my boss called in a technician the next day who fixed it. Hopefully it doesn't happen again because it was horrible and having to wear long sleeves, a vest, and a tie as the uniform didn't help! :(

Top comments

Attacksloth 33

I work customer service as well, and by far the most common question I get is "why are you working on the weekend? It's such nice weather out there!" ... each time, tempted to say "I'm here, because your presence necessitates my presence."

Comments

Don't take it too personally,OP. Everyone was just hot and cranky. Hopefully it doesn't happen again :)

(Accidentally replied to wrong comment)

I do not, for one second, miss the over 10 years I worked at hotel front desks. Actually because of those years I worked in customer service, I have developed a huge dislike for people in general. That really is an FML moment.

ashleyrose465 16

I was outside for about 3 hours with shorts on and long sleeves with a temperature of 86 degrees and I felt like I was going to die. I can't imagine being inside with 96 degrees for 7 hours!

Customers are always egotistical and self centered and a rep is the vent off.

do you not keep fans behind the counter?

Attacksloth 33

@50 Those, or the stupidly rich people who shamelessly brag. I work at a hardware store, and it's pretty frequent for some (usually machismo male) person to come up to my register, drop a bunch of rope, a Bluetooth speaker, and other misc. stuff and loudly proclaim: "AHHHH... SO NICE, I'M GOING OUT ON MY BOAT AS SOON AS I GET OUTTA HERE.... [transaction finishes].... now you enjoy your weekend too!" or.... the ever classic.... "Man it's so busy here. I sure don't envy you... I would never put myself through so much stress for minimum wage" (YES, I've had those exact words spewed out of someone's mouth before)

Uuuugh! Those kinds of condescending shit smears are the worst!