By theflow - 15/08/2012 17:08 - Australia - Perth

Today, thanks to a new form of birth control, I've now been having my period non-stop for six weeks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 231
You deserved it 4 546

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Go with the flow (haha, get it?) But no, that is seriously awful.

Comments

Kinder93_fml 3

I feel your pain OP. I've been on Birth Control for almost 2 years now, and my cycle STILL hasn't totally sorted. I have random spotting that lasts weeks, major heavy periods and sometimes bleeding that lasts a month. Talked to my doctor about it, and she's convinced it's not doing me any harm (Although I'm already severely anaemic and I suppose it's not helping!) and so she says I shouldn't switch pills. I would suggest that you give it time to sort itself out, and if it doesn't then perhaps try and switch birth controls. You have to give each a chance to work, you can't just swap about as you please, but if it's not working for you, it's not working. Good luck!

vinceta 1

I had this same random spotting issue and my doctor said it was because my pill wasn't strong enough, and it actually hadn't been working correctly for the few months that I was taking it. It should defiantly be normal after 2 years.

Hm.. After 2 years and still your gp is not listening to you? I would get a second opinion.. Same happen to me, but I changed it after 6 weeks, and no problem since.

Kinder93_fml 3

Yeah I might go back and ask for a second opinion. It's slowed down recently a little but, still having the problems. I mean, bleeding for a week each month is bad enough, but bleeding ALL the time really, really sucks.

I think you need to get that checked and quick!

PhishloverA 14
HeavenLeigh12 6

I have had my period for 32 days now non-stop due to the depo birth control shot! So I know exactly what you're going through.

Read more about it it may cause u this horrible crap now but may cease em or shorten them in the long run may be worth it do your research!

HentaiBunny 4

I've heard of spotting for that long on starting different types of birth control, but that seems like a medical concern you need to address.

Well it's working, right? No guy is going near that thing.

LittleGreenPaola 23

I hope you have already seen a doctor in these six weeks... some extra days should already be enough to notice that something's wrong. I feel sorry for you, I'd be freaking out like hell in your place. I hope you come through this hormonal mess ;)

Only a man can vote "You deserve it"...