By WittyMoron - 01/07/2015 18:10 - United Kingdom

Today, our family dog died. A couple of hours after the death, my mother-in-law slapped my crying five year old son over the head and told him to "Man up." She totally refuses to admit she did anything wrong. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 869
You deserved it 2 191

WittyMoron tells us more.

I told my wife that was completely unacceptable, and as some people said, I took the high road in not slapping her back. I began an argument with my wife about it, and it got a bit intense. I told her that her mother could not come back, and she got quite angry. I went into the living room and began to cry. This is what gets me. What she did taught him the wrong thing. My son came in, said "Man up, daddy!" and tried to slap me, but he's little so it didn't hurt. But anyway, I got even more furious that he had learnt something from it. The argument ensued. Things are a bit cold. Sleeping on the sofa now but I told my son it's okay to be upset. Buried the dog, and needless to say my MIL is not invited back for a little while.

Top comments

Comments

Quiet_one 22

I'm so sorry, OP. Some people have no empathy. My dad told me that we all needed to get over it and stop being sad the day we got my old dog's terminal cancer diagnosis. He gets really annoyed whenever people are showing emotions that he doesn't also feel. Since moving out and realizing that none of my friends grew up with that (among other behaviors), I think he has some kind of undiagnosed mental disorder. If this woman is willing to hit a child, you need to distance yourself from her- cut off all contact if that's what it takes. She should not be around your son.

I would have went all kinds of crazy on her!

An obvious cat lover... Learn some sympathy...come on he's five

Not going to lie... that **** would be waking up in a hospital.

Smack your mother in law in the head and kick her out of the house

Nicki90 5

She's a ******* bitch- seriously slap her or you need to not allow her to see your child anymore

Sathane 21

Mother-in-law or not, she slaps your son, she gets a slap across the face.

Show her all these comments. She will know that everyone else in the world thinks she did something wrong.

Knowing her type, she will play the victim and still think she is innocent and blame OP for all of this.

I believe you are correct. Unfortunately I know the type also.