This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Suhdude - 28/09/2017 13:00

Today, my wife left on an "Emergency trip" to California for real estate training with a group of 50 or so. When I dropped her off at the airport, she ALMOST forgot to mention she'd be sharing a hotel room with another man. "Don't worry," she said, "it has 2 beds." FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 376
You deserved it 341

Top comments

I'm sorry, just because another man will be in the room, doesn't mean anything sexual is going to happen. If she is going to cheat, she already has. If she isn't going to cheat, this situation isn't going to change that. Either your wife isn't happy and you need to address that, or she is, and you have nothing to worry about.

Lobby_Bee 17

When she tells you not worry, you know something is up. She knows it's wrong too, but she just doesn't give a shit.

Comments

She's probably having a threesome with two men who can spell.

They have fixed up this story. When I wrote this, the story had some hilarious misspellings.

onceuponatime456 16

There are no spelling errors in the story, it is you who probably cannot spell!

Asswipe. I explained that the story had been edited. When I originally saw it, the guy spelled “real estate” as “realistate.”

Lobby_Bee 17

When she tells you not worry, you know something is up. She knows it's wrong too, but she just doesn't give a shit.

onceuponatime456 16

Hopefully you told her that the divorce papers will be waiting for her when she gets back.

I'm sorry, just because another man will be in the room, doesn't mean anything sexual is going to happen. If she is going to cheat, she already has. If she isn't going to cheat, this situation isn't going to change that. Either your wife isn't happy and you need to address that, or she is, and you have nothing to worry about.

Even if nothing sexual is happening, OP might still feel uncomfortable and that is perfectly reasonable. There are certain situations one might reasonably expect their spouse to avoid more for intimacy reasons than sex reasons. To make a clear case example, we would expect that OP's wife wouldn't share a bed with another man, even if there is nothing sexual happening. Sharing a room might be more of a gray area for some, but the point is that OP being uncomfortable with the situation doesn't necesssrily indicate a lack of trust.

Everyone crying "cheating" or "divorce" need to pull the sticks out of your butts. #1: A relationship should be built on trust, so if your woman tells you not to worry about something, how about you believe it for once? #2: Why would she even tell him she'd be sharing the room with a man if she planned to cheat? She'd just keep quiet about it and he'd never know.

InfiniteSecret 20

This all FML sounds odd. It sounds like the wife is just going on holiday with her side piece. If this was a girl saying it about their male partner there would be countless comments saying she deserves better and should get rid of them, and how she shouldn't have to put up with stuff like that. The double standards on this site is hilariously high. I'm female and I know the double standards on this site is extreme ???? It may be a legit emergency trip for work but it does sound really dodgy.

good points. but I also wondered why the wife would mention it, (nearly forgetting to or not) if she was cheating?

The 2 beds thing is good, because after you get the sheets soaked in sweat and bodily fluids, you need someplace else to sleep

LittlemissCommunist 6

I think you just have trust issues, if she hasn't shown signs of cheating in the past then chances are she isn't cheating.

You should be glad she's honest about sharing a room with a man - sounds to me like she waited this long to tell you because she knows you have trust issues and was reluctant to have you sulking about it. Be realistic, if she wanted to cheat, she could cheat in a single room as well.

Being honest would have been bringing it up earlier, when they had time to discuss it and OP could share his concerns. Being honest is not blurting it out on the way out, having kept it a secret until she knew it was too late to respond.

or work could have paid for the arrangements and he's controlling enough that he would prohibit her from going on a legitimate work trip. kinda hard to make a real judgement of what's going on in a relationship from a few sentences with no context

...And? If she WAS planning to cheat on you, she wouldn't have mentioned it at all. Just because you share a room with someone you've just met doesn't mean you're going to start snogging them immediately. To everyone yelling to "DIVORCE HER!"... **** you. **** all of you. A relationship is built on trust. A marriage even more so. Unless you have proof, or they admit it, you believe every word they say. You just have trust issues.

She probably didn't want to tell you because she knew you were going to be weird about it.