By Anonymous - 30/11/2009 06:53 - United States

Today, my very traditional parents told me that I should start a savings account for my marriage. I told them that I wouldn't get married until much later because I don't even have a boyfriend yet. They said, "Don't worry we already found a boy for you." FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 470
You deserved it 3 825

Same thing different taste

Top comments

jts2 3

Forced relationships? Is that even LEGAL?

bamzoozler 0

That's harsh, an arranged boyfriend?? jeez

Comments

Haha. It's not like you're forced to agree, genius. Tell them off and go your own way... unless it was a joke, that is. Even if your folks are "traditional," actually arranging a marriage sounds more like a joke than anything else. Get a sense of humour.

If they are so traditional why dont they pay your cost of your marriage? I know there are many american parents pay for their children's marriage.

Tell them to get lost, move out and find your own guy (:

This is real easy to settle. Say "Daddy if you like him so much, You suck his DICK!" that should put it to rest.

your parents can't make you marry him. the most they can do is not talk to you. if your under 18 they can't kick you out if you raise a stink. "Excuse me officer, but my daughter won't marry someone I want her to." no. but if you think ahead at all, don't tell them this until your out of the house. then you can support yourself without their input.

Meet the guy. If you don't like him, tell your folks he wanted you to do wild, erotic things. If you do like him, you can use him to get away with almost anything by saying 'this is what he wants me to do..'

Don't stand for forced marriage, that is totally wrong. You're an American, you have a right to choose who you want to be with. if you're unhappy with your parents, move out. if they dont approve of it, the run like you stole something like a black man in harlem

My parents have said that to me before. And it wasn't them planning an arranged marriage, they were just pushy and wanted grandchildren. They set me up CONSTANTLY. There's no evidence to say it is or isn't an arranged marriage. So just shutup and stop criticising other peoples interpretations when you don't even know yourself.

now you can't say you don't have a boyfriend. it might be a win situation depending on the guy!