By jlmed - 02/06/2014 23:10 - Colombia - Cali

Today, my university considered it an "embarrassment" that I was going to be the first and only person to graduate from my engineering course, so they gave free passes to two guys who hadn't finished their thesis yet. They were congratulated in the newspaper; I wasn't. FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 800
You deserved it 3 956

jlmed tells us more.

OP here, since some are curious for updates here it is (I made an account for this!): Sadly there isn't "more to the story", the University wanted more people to graduate and those two guys were the closest to the finish line (aside from myself). I have tried to raise hell, but since this is a very "macho" country no one is willing to back me up. Everyone knows it happened though. The rich old guys who run the University and took the decision in the first place can't even be reached, the only people higher up are government workers who are, of course, all men who are friendly with the rich old guys. Matters like these aren't exactly "priority" even if I did manage to reach an honest person in the government. I'm afraid I'm forced to "get over it" and just move on. Still pissed though. So, I've decided to save up and move to a country where I have possibility of equal pay (another big issue here), so that's all I can tell you guys for now. Thank you SO MUCH for your good wishes and back-up, it's nice to finally see people express the same anger as me. Oh and I graduated in IT Engineering, focused on multimedia, for those who were wondering.

Top comments

And then when the recruiters ask about their theses, they'll struggle where you will not.

Comments

Maybe one day they will design a bridge together and said bridge will collapse whilst holding hundreds of cars... then they will be in the paper again and this time, you will be glad you were left out.

Honestly, that is a horrible thought. You are willing for hundreds of people to die just to feel better about yourself? Seriously... Get some help.

They are IT engineers. Not civil engineers. Rethink your comment

Your uni staffs are fucktards. This offends me greatly

Why did some people vote 'YDI'?! This is totally insane :o

I honestly think this is a time where you should raise some hell through social media or start an online petition for in the very least some media credit your way since you deserve it

What the hell kind of university do you go to?!?!?

Wait until you have a job getting all the money and they will be sitting on the side of a road figuring out how to work a electric saw

Minus the stupidity, congratulations on your degree.

Might I recommend you move to a country where you are less likely to be discriminated against?

buckeye1 9

That's messed up. hands down.