By leena - 23/02/2016 00:55 - United States - Encinitas

Today, my two best friends that I've known since middle school broke up. I'm glad I'm no longer a third wheel but now they won't talk to each other and both use me to complain about the other. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 591
You deserved it 1 413

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I've been in your situation before ... If you meddle too much, everything ends up being your fault, so be careful OP ! And good luck ! It's a horrible situation to be in, I hope it gets better soon :)

I think I see the problem here... They both seem to be under the impression to you want to listen them talk about the other. You should probably correct that... or sit there in silence until you finally explode at one of them.

Comments

Send them both a link to an AIM download and tell them they should use that if they wanted a messenger. Honestly though I've been in your situation before and one my friends was like "it's me or them." And I said a real friend wouldn't drop me because I talked to someone they didn't like. They didn't take it well, and now I have one less friend. The situation sucks and you don't deserve it at all but there really isn't much you can do. Just tell them you are not their messenger and you're not responsible for their arguments or solving them. p.s. DO NOT SEND ANY SCREENSHOTS OR INFORMATION BETWEEN THE TWO. It only ends badly.

I been through that, in the end, you might start agreeing and they tell each other and start blaming you for everything. Be careful, don't do what I did, just a small word of advice; try to say everything good about that person to the other so they become friends again. ?

I'm so sorry to hear that, OP! I don't know if it helps you that a lot of people have been in this situation before :/ When my friends did that they would do exactly what you just described. Then, after a while, either of them separately told me they didn't want to see me again, for what I thought no reason. I was really hurt, and then again 1 year later when I heard through someone else that they told others the reason back then was that she was pregnant with his child and they wanted to get back together again, but thought that I would somehow mess it up since I supported them during their breakup. Wtf... I hope that whatever you do, you still have enough other friends/family to support you through their selfish phase.

u can help them become friends again, u can lie here for good and patch them up again.

Is there any chance your name is harry potter?

That's a Hermione and Ron situation. It sounds terrible. I'm sorry about that.

Sounds really similar to a situation I was in last year.

I've been in that situation not to long ago.