By Anonymous - 03/01/2014 21:50 - United Kingdom

Today, my son was playing The Sims, when I saw him remove the door to a room and set it on fire with a Sim trapped inside. I chuckled at first, until I saw that the Sim was me. Meanwhile, my wife's Sim was happily painting in the next room, not giving a crap. All too accurate, sadly. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 720
You deserved it 5 494

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Dom_Olivares 12

I could see him slowly turning around and smiling at you.

Comments

I laughed way more than I should have at this.

Am I the only one concerned that he came on FML while the room he's in is burning down?

hes not in a burning room, his virtual sim was in a burning room

Das_is_gud 11

Are you the only one that didn't read the fml

Smeedz 8

Wouldn't the whole house just burn down anyway? Sorry not familiar with this game.

you can make a small room in the yard thats unconnected to the house so the fire wont spread. not that i have experience torturing sims...

I enjoy making them swim in the pool, then deleting the ladders so they can't get out. Or deleting the whole pool so they swim around in cement. I don't know if they've fixed that glitch on the newer version, but that's how it was in the old one.

happyfingers 15

The walls won't set on fire. Just the furniture and any sims standing too close. To my knowledge anyway. I'm not 100% sure of the rules of fire but in the sims 1 if you have a piece of furniture within 2 spaces of a fireplace it could spontaneously combust. So I imagine any furniture within two spaces of any fire would be in danger, therefore spreading around the house from piece to piece. But the walls should be fine. I have never seen a burning house aside from the firefighter career in the sims 3. And even then the houses can't burn down. The windows and doors are on fire and you have to put them out/chop down the doors to save the people inside but you could leave the lot on fire and come back the next day if you wanted and it'd be fine.

Kukurugya 11

To bad you can't drown them anymore

Scynistr 20

Actually.. At least in the sims 2.. I haven't tried it with the sims 3.. If you make a pool and make them swim to the center.. You can put walls up around the edges of the pool so they can't get out.

You can still drown them, by the means that the above comment describes. They may come back as a ghost dripping with water though, who swims through the floor. Also, I think there's an option to bring them back to life in the first 7 sim days after their death.

twelve_oh_seven 11

And this is precisely why I have always found those Sims games very creepy. I've seen Twilight Zone episodes that started like that.

What about the one with the little asshole kid that controlled the whole town with his mind? Every time I see that episode, I want to beat the **** out of that kid!

Keattles 14

I would thank your son for helping you realize that you guys need to work on some family issues

Don't worry, that's pretty much how you're supposed to play Sims. There was probably a pool with no ladder waiting for your wife.

Sims can get out of pools without ladders these days. You have to put the sim in the pool then build a wall around it.

What? They removed death by no ladder? I'm telling you, Sims died when Will left and Maxis became Eaxis became just EA ******** on games. I shall keep to my snobbery and play nothing beyond Sims 2. I mean, the custom content creators have Alexandrian conquest and torture items! With wound overlays! And funeral pyres. And all sorts of fun.