By anonymous - 16/06/2012 13:57 - United States

Today, my sister called me and asked if my boyfriend of 3 years had proposed to me yet. And now the surprise is ruined. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 550
You deserved it 3 054

Same thing different taste

Comments

Get over yourself. If all you care about is the surprise and not the joy that he's even asking you then ydi.

Well all those acting classes are about to pay off OP.....and if you're not in acting class, well at least you're getting proposed to.

At least she didn't blab about that surprise engagement party your friends are planning! ...oh... You didn't know about? Oops...

I hope he did not get cold feet for one reason or another since you are now expecting it and will be crushed beyond belief if he does. But anyway he probably won't and you will be so happy when the day comes that you won't even think about the ruined surprise. But it will be something you can know and forever tease your sister about for having a big mouth.

perdix 29

It'd be funny if the surprise was that he proposed to the sister.

EG14_fml 8

Wow, way to ruin the mood. I was feeling so happy for OP and suddenly this possible reality pops up

perdix 29

Oh, you are young. No wonder you look at marriage as if it is a joyful thing. You never know true happiness until you get married, . . . and then it's too late.

EG14_fml 8

Well it is suppose to be happy. Guys just make mistakes dating the right girl. There are people out there who are married for years and are happy

soad2014 7

i agree, and Avenged Sevenfold is awesome :D

perdix 29

#60, more than half of marriages end in divorce and many others involve couples who hate each other or, at best, tolerate each other so they don't have to be alone. Married couples who are happy after many years are very rare.

EG14_fml 8

#77 Although it that is true, it isn't uncommon.

lizzys1972 3

Why would anyone say you deserved it. It was out of your control...duh

This is an FML? An FML would have been "Today I thought my boyfriend was going to propose, my sister called and said has he broken up with you yet. And now the surprise it's ruined. FML. Give or take a few words.......or sentences.

Well you'd think it would be. Engagement? "hey I'm gonna propose to you today!"

Well you'd think it would be. Engagement? "hey I'm gonna propose to you today!"

If I were her I would have asked the next day if he proposed