By blah. - 05/04/2010 10:14 - Thailand

Today, my shrink diagnosed me as severely depressive, due to a lot of stress and yells at home. After the session, my parents argued about whose fault it was and then went on to yell at me for being depressive and wasting their money. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 030
You deserved it 3 845

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FYL for being the victim of parenting fail

i feel you pain OP, tell them to **** off and take mental issues seriously

Comments

Your parents are idiots. See if you can get an antidepressant medication from your shrink. It may make you feel better. If you feel worse discontinue it immediately. Really, your parents are idiots, make sure you do well in school so that you can go to college/university and never need to move back in the house with them after you graduate.

I think that it will be up to you to change the cycle. My parents were far from upstanding citizens, and now that I have a daughter of my own, all I can think is how to be better to her than they were to me. Also, I think shrinks sometimes mess with your head more. I have found that a couple of real good friends (even though they are not so easy to find) can do more for a person! Good luck! Remember it's only money, and they make more everyday!

I can somewhat relate. I suffered depression due to stress at home all throughout Middle School and High School because I couldn't handle trying to do all my schoolwork and all of the household chores (some which 'reset' not long after I'd finish due to lazy parents tossing trash onto the floor and dirty clothes) and trying to have a life in the 6 hours I'd have through the weekdays after school was out. The Weekends were worse because I typically had even more homework and had to do my normal chores, plus lawn/garden work. I tried to tell my parents I was stressed out because of all the work I'm forced into throughout the day (Without any sort of thank yous or allowance, mind you) and that it was making it hard to concentrate on my school work, and my Mom always bitched about how she was standing on her feet all day at work, that she was tired, that I have to do all the work in her house because she's too tired and that I'm being an ungrateful bitch every time I complained. My Dad is more excusable. He's a truck driver. He doesn't have time for shit at home. The day I graduated, I moved out. I've never been happier. Now the place keeps going to shit because they don't have me around to slave away and keep the place tidy. Personal victory for me.

wow that sucks this realy is a fml it doesn't just ruin your day it has a long term affect but yeah your parents suck it probly is because they yell at you why the money though

haha wow just tell them it's their fault for doing too many drugs when they were younger... seriously ppl need to take resposavility for their own crap

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU? HAVEN'T YOU READ THE PREVIOUS COMMENTS TELLING THE MORONS OF THE SITE TO STOP BITCHING AT THE OP FOR HAVING A DEPRESSIVE DISORED?! Go stick your head in a toilet, you unsensitive **** >;(!

DEPRESSED! not depressive. at least learn the correct word for what your claiming your "shrink" diagnosed you with.

CynthiaBug 0

the OP is from Thailand. Double fail.

mansen 15

you are or you're correcting her usage of your as a possesive... as belonging to something? Seriously? Learn the proper usage of the two. It is now your fail. See what I did there? Nah, probably not.

mansen 15

feeeeeeiiiiiuuck. a cpl days of no sleep totally screws my reading comprehension, and makes me bitchy. My fail, l'll admit it. Time to sleep.

ydi... lol stop being depressed, honestly unless you have brain hormone/chemical imbalances, you're wasting not only your parents money but their time and effort

its not really that simple that a person can just "stop being depressed" and its definitely not funny... however you seem to have a problem that can be changed so stop being an ass

Here's hoping that ObamaCare kicks in soon!!!

Too bad Thailand does not have a Obama for the ObamaCare to kick in.....