By daidax_238 - 25/10/2016 16:33

Today, my parents are forcing me to go to an insanely conservative, Christian private school. I'm gay. This is going to be a long year. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 440
You deserved it 1 771

daidax_238 tells us more.

Hey guys! It's OP here. I'm just here to clear up a few things. First of all, my parents know I'm gay and they don't like that at all. And for the few of you guys saying "there's still gonna be gay kids there, blah blah blah" you're wrong. It's a very small school within the area and only about 250 kids go there. So far, I haven't heard anything about a single gay kid in the entire school. To be honest with you it's just a shitty situation that I can't do much about. But thanks to everybody for the support!

Top comments

hope you come back with a boyfriend/girlfriend.. that'll show em they cant change who you are

Oh my. Did they tell you why they want you to go there? Is this some misguided attempt to make you stop being gay, or is there a less disturbing reason, like the high quality of the courses at this school? If the reason they want you to go there is something non-crazy, maybe you can propose a reasonable alternative, like a school with an equally high standard of learning, but a more open and accepting atmosphere? Good luck OP.

Comments

so sad... I went to a few Christian schools, some my choice and sometimes my parents. But sometimes the kids who attended weren't very nice and didn't necessarily follow the faith. I hope you don't get beaten down because we should be loving as Christians, and most of us in the Christian community are still educating ourselves about gender beliefs.

I hope it ends up okay. A friend of mine and her brother had to go to a local religious school here. It was a family member's dying wish and he left money for them to go, not exactly something you can easily refuse. The school is known for being very good, but she did get in trouble for wearing rainbow colored socks. It wasn't even a uniform thing, I'm not sure if that school has them. They just didn't like her wear rainbow socks. Her brother was gay and hated it too. Hopefully not all of these schools are that bad. Like others have said, there's likely to be others in the same situation. Good luck!

If it is a Catholic school your sex life is about to pick up in a huge way if your thing is older dudes in robes.

Hey guys! It's OP here. I'm just here to clear up a few things. First of all, my parents know I'm gay and they don't like that at all. And for the few of you guys saying "there's still gonna be gay kids there, blah blah blah" you're wrong. It's a very small school within the area and only about 250 kids go there. So far, I haven't heard anything about a single gay kid in the entire school. To be honest with you it's just a shitty situation that I can't do much about. But thanks to everybody for the support!

I'm so sorry op, I hope you can have friends outside the school or online to support you. Whether your parents can see it or not, your not wrong and you are perfect as you are. I really suggest trying to make sure you have support until you can get through this. At some point you'll be able to get away from it and be able to live as you want.

I am gay too but I live most of my life in the closet until my adult life. I completely understand your anxiety here but the truth is people are much more accepting of your sexual orientation now then when I was in school. You shouldn't be afraid of who you are and be yourself. People will give you the respect if you stand firm on your ground and don't let them push you around. But if you go about being afraid what will come at you, be it a sly bigot comment or some discrimination, then you will be running away your whole life. There will always be haters whether you are gay or not. Some people will say nasty things about you no matter what your orientation. In other words, you just gotta grow a pair. I call myself a Christian because I know God made me exactly the way I am and not be ashamed of it. Faith is between you and God, not some stupid idea that some pastor makes up who thinks he is bigger than God.

Try not being gay. That should help.

I don't think that is how it works, my good sir.

I'm gay too, I fully support you. let's make out lol

I went to a private christian school from the time I was 4 till I graduated. I'm bi. Once you get to college and get out, it gets better. Hang in there.

TallMist 32

That actually sounds horrifying. Being gay and being forced in a conservative area is a terrifying thing.