By Ellamare - 11/02/2016 04:13 - United States - Flint

Spicy
Today, my now ex-boyfriend informed me that he is cheating on me with our neighbor, again. I wasn't aware that he cheated on me the first time. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 951
You deserved it 1 911

IDontKnowWhoIAm04 tells us more.

Hey, it's OP here! Thank you for all the positive and supportive comments. Basically the story goes, we moved into a neighborhood a few months back, and our neighbor had been talking about needing some work done on her house because of lighting issued when we were all first introduced. I knew he dropped by once while I was at work to check out her lights, but he had never previously given me any reason not to trust him. So this came as a surprise to me when he revealed it to me, I guess he just somehow assumed I knew and I just didn't care. So yeah, there goes the end of a 3 year relationship. I guess all I can say now is good riddance to bad love.

Top comments

Must be an awkward neighborhood block party.

Oh that sucks big time. I'm glad he's your ex now though. You can find someone so much better!

Comments

You should move house too, for your own mental health. Good luck OP.

And leave a poo-in-a-bag in front of the neighbor's door as a farewell present.

mariri9206 32

I don't think it'll affect her mental health too much. She's already out of the relationship. If anything, you should just move across the street or to the house on the other side or something, and make them deal with having to see you all the time. Especially your ex-boyfriend, make him see you move on and be happy without him. Also, additional question, why does the girl have to move out or move away? Why can't she stay in the house? They probably bought it together so why does she have to be the one to give it up? If anything, she deserves to keep it because he cheated.

@32 Its not a matter of who "deserves" to keep the house (and if they bought it together, neither one has exclusive claim to it); its a matter of getting away from the people that wronged her. Since she has no control over the neighbors actions or ability to force her out, the only options to get away is for the OP herself to move. If the genders were reversed, the guy who got cheated on would still be the one who had to move if he wanted to get away from the people who wronged him.

Hey it's OP here! For some reason my last comment was deleted. I'm just here to say that the issue was in fact resolved. This actually happened a few months ago, I am glad to have the support of my family and friends since the incident. Thank you for all the supportive comments!

combatwhore1371 9

Well, he did say he was checking out her lights. He didn't say which lights.

You deserve better if he can't learn from his mistakes. he'll look back and regret losing you. you're better off. FYL and good luck.

after three years...? see it is shit like this that makes me have trust issues. I've been with this dude for nearly a year and he lied to be for the solid first 6 months of dating of the nature of a friendship he kept. the first TWO months he was trying to set up ******* this fat lesbian looking chick. do all people suck? ****.