By Anonymous - 22/06/2016 02:45 - United States - Chillicothe

Today, my neighbor's 4-year-old daughter came up to me and asked if she could have my dog. When I said no, she started crying so much that her mom came out 5 minutes later and demanded that I give her daughter the dog. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 802
You deserved it 1 269

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Demand that she give you her daughter to show her how irrational she is

Wow. That is just some stand up parenting being done by your neighbour....

Comments

Don't ever let that dog go unsupervised. You can never be too sure how far some people are willing to go to get what they want.

Or get the dog chipped immediately, so if it is stolen, OP can prove ownership

One of the dogs in my neighborhood used too escape from her yard amid come visit my dog. One time I looked into my yard to see the dog being chased by a little girl. I went or and Angel happily ran over to me. The kid claimed that Angel wad her dog, so I said let's go talk to your parents thinking they would correct their child . They also claimed the dog was theirs but couldn't tell me her name or breed . I called animal control and they scanned her microchip and returned get too the rightful owner.

I'm sorry, but What?! Seriously what the actual ****?

After some deciphering, I figured it out: a stray/loose dog would often come and play with OP's dog. One day, a little girl claimed that the loose dog was hers. OP talked to the girl's parents to confirm (or deny) that it was indeed their dog, and they claimed it was. However, the parents didn't know the dog's breed or name. OP took it to a vet and returned it to the rightful owner. Synopsis: parents and child tried to steal a dog that wasn't theirs. The end.

the person that the dog ran to knew who the owner was and knew the girl and her mom were trying to steal the dog. in her own way she called them on it and caught them in a lie, publicly humiliating them in front of the ACO in the process. in the future, at least they will know where to go first if an animal is missing.

The mom is the kind of parent who wonders why her child is unmanagable when the child is older. Probably blames anyone except her own shitty parenting. OP, watch your dog, the mom sounds deranged enough to steal the dog.

Some people view pets as mere possessions and don't grasp the concept that you might actually care about and love your animal. Her daughter will likely grow up to be a horrific brat, but you should consider getting your dog microchipped if you haven't already.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

**** you. I am Irish decent and I have nevwr been an entitled person. Nor is my father. He has worked since he was 18. That is like saying blacks are entitled. Ass

Are there any other stereotypes that you've pulled out of your ass?

I repeat myself from my earlier comment. "what the actual ****"

Where the hell did you get that stereotype from? I've never heard such ridiculous nonsense before ever! It's so far from anything even true. Something along the lines of us all eating potatoes or all hating Ireland or all being cuddly lepricauns or alcoholics like they're not true but at least we can see where you got it from. We've never been entitled here. That's just not a thing at all. Did you have a really bad run in with one asshole from our country or something???