By Anonymous - 04/10/2013 03:36 - United States - Houston

Today, my mom started getting ready for the Rapture. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 875
You deserved it 3 292

Same thing different taste

Top comments

#9 False. Bill Clinton came more than 3 times in office alone

Comments

#9 False. Bill Clinton came more than 3 times in office alone

tpm45 25

I think it's clear that we are talking about a new, zombie based government here... Come on people

I think she just watched "This is the End" movie

Rainhawk94 27

I mean hey you never know. Like I'm ready just in case.

kyu_Q 19

hmmm. guess she thinks she will be left behind.

The Government did just shut down "temporarly" many people may be spooked.

Well I definitely am, can't even front...

It's not the first time. It happened during Clinton's presidency, too. It sucks but it's nothing to be scared of. Essential government functions are still working.

HisHarleyQuinn 14

That's not entirely true. I don't know about anywhere else, but in my state, Medicaid and Wic have stopped. Neither one of those affect me directly, but it sucks for those it does affect.

And some woman tried to ram her car through the gates of the White House and ran over several cops with her 18 month old baby in the car.

And how does one get ready for the rapture other than accepting impending doom.

AnOriginalName 19

Personally, I've been stashing away cheez-its. There's no guarantee on the food in the afterlife being any good....

graceinsheepwear 33

First, put a vacation hold on your mail...

Good thinking, 14. Don't want to be stranded for eternity with nothing but Ramen noodles.

Rainhawk94 27

I'd just lay on the grass naked

really sorry OP, maybe you could talk her into maxing out her credit card on crap for you since she can't take it with her. ;-)

Everywhere there are these religious/belief nuts. I lost count to the amount of times people have been heard of preparing for an eventual end of the world, or rapture, or whatever the heck. Hang in there OP, perhaps time will bring wisdom to your mother... or to us, if the rapture does happen (got to consider all possibilities).

You don't need to be so rude. I could counter argue and speak about the "nuts" who believe nothing exploded and created everything.

And because I know if anyone finds this I'm going to get thumbed down, just think about this first. If you asked me where I got my cellphone, and I told you that I picked it up on the beach, because after millions of years of being in the ocean, different metal particles bounced together and formed it, and then it washed on shore and I picked it up, you would laugh in my face. Yet people have the audacity to tell me something as complicated as the nerves in my human hand evolved? Please. If anything science shows design everywhere, proves there must be a creator. Our bodies and the world around us is far too complex to be accidental or random.

tehdarkness 21

I would support her prepping, because all that stuff will come in handy for the eventual zombie apocalypse!

Keep your head up OP. She is just preparing for the inevitable. But I don't think it's due soon