By Anonymous - 26/02/2016 22:31 - United States - Malden

Today, my idiot neighbor decided the best way to dispose of the poison ivy in his yard was to pile it all up and burn it. I'm severely allergic. It was so bad that one of my eyes is still swollen half shut. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 182
You deserved it 1 369

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don't say half shut. Think of it like glass half full so in this case your eyes are half open. Boom. The powers of optimism.

I hope you're okay! And that it's not a deadly allergy..

Comments

SailorSolaris 43

Poison Ivy is really bad. My mom got blood poisoning from it, so I know what you mean. Don't know how, but I am actually immune to it. Walked right through it for over 15 years while picking blackberries without knowing and never got so much as a rash. Hope you recover soon!

bad_boyfriend 10

That is literally the worst thing to do with poison ivy. You can actually get poison ivy on the inside of your lungs from breathing in the smoke.

rmays96 15

I feel for you so hard right now! I'm so allergic to poison ivy! I don't even have to touch it! The wind just has to be blowing the wrong way and I swell up like a balloon...

Like #57 said, burning poison ivy, poison oak, and sumac trees is the worst thing you can do. Poison ivy in particular can still remain allergenic up to 5 years after the death of the plant. It sucks to hear your situation, I hope that your neighbor lives somewhere far away from the city so that the smoke can dissipate.