By juliearis - 06/07/2013 19:45 - United States - Westport

Today, my husband received the "antique" samurai sword that he bought on Craigslist with $399.99 of our money. He only shared my outrage at the waste of money when he opened the package, only to find a toy sword along with a note saying, "HAHA, TROLLED." FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 807
You deserved it 10 295

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ZombieInConverse 13

There are those assholes out there that pull that shit. Sorry OP.

Kozmotis 8

Try to sue him for false advertising.

Comments

If he mailed it, would there be a return address included? Go hunt him down and bring a cop or two.

graceinsheepwear 33

There's only a return address if you write one on it, and I'm betting someone defrauding someone else didn't include a return address on the package. If they did, they are as dumb as OP's husband.

Thanks for the enlightenment grace. And I'm not so sure you can fake a return address if you include it. I'm at least moderately sure that it has to be a valid existing address or will be returned to sender.

monnanon 13

faking it as in it is not their address not a completely fake one.

Okay, send the username to somebody you know that's good with computers and find out where they live. Wait until they leave home and burn their house down, and leave THEIR note on their doorstep

Spring2013Bio 3

When it comes to craigslist, if you buy an expensive item, you have to see it in person 1st because there is absolutely no protection for the buyer. I can't believe that your husband would spend that much money on something stupid.

graceinsheepwear 33

You can agree to make the purchase using PayPal though. I did that to sell a phone card on CL once. Worked out well.

graceinsheepwear 33

Yes but they aren't antiques, only rare. After all, Hanzo came out of retirement to make one for Beatrix.

Can't you sue him for false advertisement?

Wizzlbang 10

Can't say I blame him for getting excited. A genuine antique samurai sword at 500$ would be a ******* steal. Though I can blame him for buying it from craigslist and not seeing the seller about it first.

alliewillie 22

Go to the FML store... Right click.... Save You're welcome.