By Leslie - 30/12/2009 07:03 - United States

Today, my husband left me for one of the college students I was tutoring in Spanish. We have two kids and are expecting a third. He left a note that said he would "stay in touch." FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 153
You deserved it 2 832

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Pretend you don't care. Say it's a relief not to have to feel guilty about your affair anymore. Keep tutoring her. Make sure she fails. Whenever she comes for lessons introduce her to your kids as the woman daddy left them for.

oh my god. this is the first time I've read an FML and really felt bad for someone. there is no excuse for him to do such a thing and, in addition, leaving a note!?!? ugh. I'm really sorry about that. FYL

Comments

FireFlie07 20

At least you know you'll get everything in a court of law for the divorce..... So sorry OP hope things get better for you.

If there is still time then abort this baby that is on it's way. Then cut all ties with him and get yourself a young hot piece of boy toy yourself. If you can't beat them. ;)

ElMundio87 0

abort the baby because the father left? WTF

JukeboxBunny 0

Murder the BABY because the DAD's a manwhore? That's sooo logical.

You will get the favor in court. Then you can date the hottest man you can find, and not feel guilty about it! The joys of being single!

Dont abort the baby. who originally wrote that is an idiot. it's not the babys fault and doesn't deserve to die because daddy is an ass. just wait... he'll be back. then you can decide what you want and what to do.

And carrying the baby to term when she is about to be a single mother is a good idea? Sure it's not the babys fault but the point of being a parent is to provide your children with the best possible start to life... one parent down and already having 2 kids to provide for is not going to give that kid the best start to life. I wasn't saying abort the fetus because the father was a jerk, I am saying abort if it possible because it is the sensible thing to do and would provide a better home life for the kids she already has(seeing as they are the ones that are already born I figured they deserve more of a chance than some unborn fetus)!

jimboom, clearly you haven't the slightest idea what it's like to abort a fetus of any age. Ever talked to someone who has? No you haven't. It is the single most terrible, horrible, sickening thing that a person could experience and leaves a lifetime of regret. You aren't sparing the child anything, there is no way in hell to justify ending a life to 'give a better life.' You obviously don't like responsibility. Hopefully OP has more sense than that.

That's stupid premiermois. Plenty of woman have had an abortion, and shockingly, most of them are pro-choice. I'd say he has a much better idea of what he's talking about than you. There's not really anyway you can justify making abortion illegal, and plenty of reasons that you can argue why aborting a foetus that hasn't developed a brain yet for the betterment of your other children is a good option.

I completely agree with you. We should try to not generalise, and nobody says abortion is something to cheer. But sometimes it is necessary. It's always the mother's decision, and no one should call her "sick" without knowing all the circumstances

MiaKong 0

Something tells me premiermois has had experience with this in the past so you can't say that she doesn't know what she speaks of. And under most circumstances I think it is absolutely outlandish for people to ever think it is okay to have an abortion. It really makes me sick and is beyond me why people who do this (except in rape and health reasons). That's what today's world has come to, living life without consequence. If you can't afford a child stop spreading your legs! I will never understand how any person could ever justify killing a human life.

MiaKong - Sure, she might have (although it's not really that likely. Generally people who are pro-choice enough to have an abortion don't become strongly pro-life afterward) but her personal experience doesn't mean she can say "it is the single most terrible, horrible, sickening thing that a person could experience and leaves a lifetime of regret" for everyone. And the OP was married when she got pregnant. Obviously her circumstances will change to what they were when she had sex, so it doesn't really matter what your opinions on what is and isn't responsible sex are, it doesn't apply in this case. And you can't say abortion is OK in the case of rape or incest, but not OK in circumstances you don't approve of and still call it murder. If it's murder, then it's not acceptable regardless of circumstances. You're not actually God and can't say when your personal beliefs condone murder or not.

MiaKong 0

The difference between abortion when it comes to rape is the CHOICE. If you CHOOSE to open your legs and risk pregnancy then you should not be using abortion as birth control or as a convenient way out of a poor decision because obviously you do not choose to be raped so they did not put themselves into that position by their own accord.

Yeah MiaKong, thats what this is all about right? Dirty, dirty sex and the women who have it who must be *****. Apparently if you're dumb enough to CHOOSE to have sex, and then get pregnant from it, you ****** up and deserve to stay pregnant. I mean, we don't let speeding drivers seek treatment for their broken limbs, do we? Fifty-five MPH means fifty-five MPH! But I don't expect you to get it. Forced-birthers tend not to comprehend. And its complete BS that most people who get abortions are traumatized. Most feel relief but the antis warp facts and perspective so much its impossible to speak about it. Hey if anyone wants a look into the hypocritical world of the anti-choice movement google the article "The Only Moral Abortion is My Abortion." Great read.

Either way, I can't see how abortion would be this woman's best choice. She obviously has a job and you better believe that her ex-douche of a husband will be paying out the ass in child support. I'd say her best choice would be to make sure his wages are garnished. Just because a woman is a single mother, does not mean she is helpless. My mother was raising my sister and I by herself before she met my step-dad. My father always had excuses as to why he couldnt make the payment that month, and she was secure enough financially that it didn't make a difference. She has always taught me to never depend financially on someone else in case something like this happened. Currently, she makes enough money that my step-dad is retired and they live of her paychecks (and they live quite well).

Maddoctor 10

"The difference between abortion when it comes to rape is the CHOICE. If you CHOOSE to open your legs and risk pregnancy then you should not be using abortion as birth control or as a convenient way out of a poor decision because obviously you do not choose to be raped so they did not put themselves into that position by their own accord." Yes, and some people CHOOSE to use protection because they don't want to get pregnant and it fails, so they can CHOOSE to get an abortion. Sometimes a mistake happens and people just aren't ready for the responsibility of parenthood. Whatever their decision is when it comes to having an abortion is their choice, and none of our business.

yakturk43 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
raydot 0

Yakturk I know virginity has been hard on you. I know your backwashed, misogynistic ideas that your sisterfucking father instilled in you and forced you to parrot uncontrollably are still present in your every day life. I KNOW that given your personality, probably your looks, and your all around undesirable character (based on this ******* moronic post) you're starved of female physical attention and you'll probably become one of those creepy looking introverts that's only interaction with the opposite sex is chats with "women" on Omegle (who, even then, you get the feeling really don't like you) . But I'd like to clarify one thing: It ain't the woman's job to give it up any time it's asked for. It's the man's. And they're not supposed to bitch about it like whiny little ******* either.

fobchick 0

Wow, what the **** is wrong with people on hear?! How does she deserve this in anyway!?

Right on. Hopefully she gets a good divorce lawyer nails the a-hole for some serious child support.

thinmint 0

"don't let yourself go"? SHE'S ******* PREGNANT! her husband is obviously a pos who thinks he is younger and hotter than he. he will come crawling back but don't allow it... oh and of course murdering your unborn baby is the perfect solution to all of your problems. you sick ******* need to get a grip on reality, maybe your mothers should have aborted you.