This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By saddened - 08/05/2016 20:02 - Canada - Mississauga

Today, my husband didn't wish me happy Mother's Day, or even get me a card or anything. He simply sent our son to say it. When I asked my husband about it, he said "you're not MY mother so I don't have to wish you, our son did, didn't he?". Our son is 3.
I agree, your life sucks 156
You deserved it 23

Top comments

Well he does kinda have a point... but he still should have said it.

As your son is too little to do it himself your husband should have really got you a card from your son for Mother's Day - that would have been nice. But I don't agree that your husband should have to wish you happy Mother's Day as he said - you're not his mother!

Comments

Well he does kinda have a point... but he still should have said it.

As your son is too little to do it himself your husband should have really got you a card from your son for Mother's Day - that would have been nice. But I don't agree that your husband should have to wish you happy Mother's Day as he said - you're not his mother!

You are the mother of his child, and he should have taken the day to show his gratitude for that. Contrary to popular belief, Mother's Day isn't just about celebrating our own mothers. Those with children who are not mothers should also be showing gratitude to the mothers of their children as well.