By Anonymous - 05/09/2014 21:54 - United States - Conway

Today, my girlfriend yelled at me for jokingly telling her to get back in the kitchen. After we finally made peace and I told her that I fully respect women, I turned on my stereo. The song's first words? "Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks." Cue second argument. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 630
You deserved it 19 256

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I may be a girl but I'm on your side...sounds like she was being too sensitive

#7: I would label myself as a feminist with an emphasis on equality, but I'm smart enough to know the difference between a joke and an insult. Besides, to "put [him] in [his] place" sounds abusive and controlling. That's not feminism.

Comments

Ben folds or snoop and dre and all them?

honestly it doesn't matter if you were "joking". those jokes are degrading and someone who makes them obviously doesn't "fully respect women" lol

I'm a woman and I make these jokes. What does that make me?

You make it sound like OP purposely put on that song when he clearly states that's not what happened. Stop with your bias opinion and look at the whole picture.

She's kind of over reacting. Especially if you were just kidding. She should've came up with something sarcastic to say back.

Feminist here too. Dictionary definition: " The advocacy of women’s rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes." Equality. Putting a man "in his place" is as disrespectful as putting a woman "in her place". People twisting it for their own agenda is why feminism is seen as a joke, a bunch of man hating lesbians, "feminazis" etc. and ultimately plays into the hands of misogynists.

Ladies - If you have time to read FMLs, you have time to bake me a pie. Just sayin'.