By Anonymous - 20/07/2013 15:45 - United States - Newark

Today, my friends took my work laptop and changed the sounds. Now, whenever I remove a USB device, a woman's voice screams "Put it back!" and when I insert a USB device, it says "Oh, you need to push it in harder!" I don't know how to change it back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 60 567
You deserved it 7 007

Same thing different taste

Comments

Go into your control panel. Click on Hardware and Sound. Then click sound. Then click change system sounds. In the pop up screen that opens, select 'device connect' and a selection box will appear on the bottom left hand side of the pop up. Select 'windows hardware insert' as your sound. Then do the same for 'device disconnect' and change the sound to 'windows hardware remove'. That should revert the USB sounds to their original settings.

I'm Mac now so I don't know if the restore default sound system option is still available. Useful in case they planted any other surprises.

I would suggest installing a bigger jack on your headphones.

I have a hard time feeling sympathy because a simple google search would tell you exactly how to change it back and if you had to wait until after work to fix it, you could simply turn off the sound.

salazara 10

wow! I never knew one could do that - alas; the brilliance of technology?

So. Why did you leave your work laptop unlocked and unsecured around a bunch of your friends? You totally deserve it

If that wasn't your work laptop I'd say keep it!

Google is your friend. Changing the sounds is super simple regardless of your OS. Just search it and you'll find full, step by step directions.

Right click speaker icon on task bar -> Sounds -> sound scheme drop box -> No sounds -> OK

I'm sorry but this is awesome! I am so going to do this.