By GidleyWife - 30/07/2015 17:22 - United States - Los Angeles

Today, my young stepdaughter decided that she should store her coins in my laptop's card reader slot and in the CD drive. I just bought the laptop last week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 369
You deserved it 2 395

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Psycocharger 19

At least she is giving you some money to repair it.

Comments

At first I read that as 'computer troll'

cat4651 15

How many coins can even fit in those tiny slots?

Its where u put the CD. not sub or anything like that..

cat4651 15

I am well aware that the CD slot is where you put CDs.

#7, not shit. Pretty sure #3 already knew that.

rocker_chick23 27

#7: A CD tray is a tiny slot. #3: said nothing that says she doesn't know what a CD slot does.

I was thinking #3 meant the card reader slots are tiny, which they are.

Psycocharger 19

At least she is giving you some money to repair it.

A great place to store important things. Good luck with her.

Depending on the brand, if it is less than 2 weeks old they might repair it for free.

she raised networth of your laptop!

If it needs to be repaired, tell her that the money she was going to get for allowance is now going towards the cost of fixing it.

If she's young enough to be putting coins in laptops, I imagine her pocket money is non existent or would take years to cover the cost of repairs unfortunately

Do people still get an allowance? I didn't know that was still a thing.

#13 it's not the amount that's important, it's the consequence. It will teach her that if you play with something important and break it, you are responsible for paying to fix it. I think that's a very good idea, and teaches a valuable lesson at a young age.

I didn't mean to imply it wasn't, I'm just saying that OP will still unfortunately have to foot the no doubt expensive bill

Did the same thing to my brothers computer! But I was Young and Stupid, may be around 18-19 years old haha...

You were "Young and Stupid" enough to do that when you were 18-19? I'm 19 at present, and I think I understood better than to do that by the time I was 13.