By mizzy - 19/11/2009 21:14 - United States

Today, my four year old got mad that he couldn't find his favorite character on the Wii. So, he decided to smash the Wii remote into my $700 LCD TV, shattering the screen. That was the only TV in the house, and the $80 service plan I bought doesn't cover accidental damage. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 363
You deserved it 8 766

Same thing different taste

Top comments

amynicol 0

Well... It doesn't seem like it was an accident....

You let a four year old play a Wii? deserved it

Comments

so many things wrong with that situation it's disgusting..... definitely a YDI.

Do NOT replace the TV and Wii... you're gonna need ALL the $$ you can scrounge for bail and criminal defense. And put a solid door on your bedroom, with a STRONG lock...

YDI. Let me guess you sat him in the naughty corner? HAHAHAHAHA

I would have sat that little shit in the emergency room. to make amends, I would have bought ice cream when we left the hospital and not shared any with him/her. FYL

How the hell could a 4-year old behave like that? MAJOR issues. He sounds disgustingly spoilt. Totally deserved.

Well... It doesn't seem like it was an accident.. Yeah, that was no "accident".

perdix 29

Is this lifted from a Southwest Airlines commercial? Why didn't you make him wear the damned wrist strap? Also, I'm a bit suspicious -- an American house with only one TV in the whole house? I could accept if the OP's family was po' white trash that only had one TV per room, but one TV in the whole house? We didn't get to be the fattest nation on Earth by neglecting essential technology like TV!

Exactly. I've never been in a house with less than three.

I only own a TV for the purposes of playing video games. It's not a flat screen, and it cost me about 300 bucks 6+ years ago. If you are spending big bucks on a TV, it's very likely, especially in a one-parent house, that there is only one TV. Or it could be that, like me, the OP just doesn't watch TV, and only uses it for games or movies. It's not unheard of, not everyone considers wasting away in front of the TV and acceptable use of time.. OP, YDI for letting your kid play video games instead of making him use his imagination. on top of all the previous comments about how you are a crappy parent...

My family only has one TV. There is no need for more. Plus I don't like TV these days.

our house has 5 tvs and 5 ppl so i cant beleive the ONLY tv in the house. maybe the best tv but watever. if my brother did that i would beat the shit out of him

...having one TV per room doesn't make you "po' white trash, it makes you God damn rich! Who has more than one TV in a room? And I know plenty of people that only have one TV in their house, and they aren't poor.

you should have helped your son find the character so your falt 

the ****? are you kidding me right now?

It's not too late to parent that child.

dspadres 0

Well your son sounds like an accident.

whoa... 4 year old with issues, lol. he's gonna make u proud some day, lmao

What kind of parent are you??? You only bought your 4 year old a Wii and a $700 LCD tv?? If you really cared about your kid you would buy him a PS3, an xbox AND a Wii and a $2000 tv! And you would buy him whatever video games he wants, including GTA. And when he gets mad and breaks something, you would immediately replace it so that he doesn't get his feelings hurt. Now go be a good parent.