By Anonymous - 20/09/2017 04:30

Today, while playing ping pong, my brother got mad that he lost and threw the paddle at my head, causing me to fall backwards into the TV mounted on the wall. Now I have a concussion and have to pay to replace the TV. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 378
You deserved it 217

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Says who? Your brother is the one at fault her, not you. I'd tell them to make HIM pay for it. If he refuses to pay, I'd be reporting the event to the police and taking him to small claims court. Stories like this are why people need to stop acting like "sibling rivalry" is a good thing or a healthy relationship.

You need to get that concussion checked out! You’re under this delusion that somehow you’re responsible to pay for the broken TV. That makes no sense!

Comments

Says who? Your brother is the one at fault her, not you. I'd tell them to make HIM pay for it. If he refuses to pay, I'd be reporting the event to the police and taking him to small claims court. Stories like this are why people need to stop acting like "sibling rivalry" is a good thing or a healthy relationship.

rivalry is fine... but it sounds like maturity is the issue. so either one or both are fairly young... or need to grow up. rivalry teaches losing well and winning well, but if either act like that they need to learn decency.

You need to get that concussion checked out! You’re under this delusion that somehow you’re responsible to pay for the broken TV. That makes no sense!

On a more positive note, you get you live the rest of your life inside of TV! Watch out violent HBO series, the accident-prone "Before" sections of informercials, and news reports of natural disasters. Good luck!

Lobby_Bee 17

This sounds like something Tom and Jerry would do.

ohsnapword 21

I think we now know the hierarchy in your family. Your brother > the TV > you.

Just a thought, but OP didn't explicitly say they were playing in their home. Some bars have ping pong and tvs, as do some apartment/condo complex rec rooms. The student lounge at my university had ping pong, foosball, air hockey, and tvs (among other things). Regardless of where they were playing, though, I think both of them should split the cost of the tv.

chessu 21

I'm going to take a wild guess that they both have to pay. I'm also assuming maybe you weren't meant to play it inside in the first place (though, why would the table be there ruins my theory), so though he's technically to blame for the TV, it was a mutual decision to play ping pong inside in the first place. You still shouldn't actually have to pay for it - either one of you. Loss of pocket money etc., yes, but unless you're 18 or emancipated, your parents have a financial obligation and responsibility over you.

You both were horsing around you both should pay for the new tv!

smallgirl 4

He is the one who threw the paddle at you causing you to fall into the tv. He should pay not you plus he’s the one who injured you so he should be paying your hospital bills