By Anonymous - 20/10/2018 13:30

Today, my first day at my new job, a guy decided to pay all his parking fines in one go. All £2300 of them. Yes, he did decide to pay it in pennies. Wheelbarrows and buckets full of pennies. That's 230,000 pennies. Guess whose job it was to count them. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 334
You deserved it 379

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Some places have actually said they won't take change. You can only pay in dollars. Perhaps suggest that to your boss.

Mathalamus 24

That sounds like a funny prank... not for you, of course.

Comments

Doesn’t your area have a coin counter? And isn’t there a policy that states all fines paid by check or card? If not, there should be … on both counts.

this is why canada took pennies out of circulation and made things like this illegal

That's fine. In the US, pennies are legal tender and must be accepted. If not, I have no problem paying with nickels.

katydid91 31

You've died and gone to Hell. This is a circle of Hell.

cnelsen 3

You say £2300 so it's UK. While you guys are still in EU there is a EU regulation (google the numbers yourself) that says businesses can refuse to accept a payment if there are more than 50 pieces of coins to count.

While some places won't take small change at all, other places won't take small change unless it's properly rolled in coin rollers.

Sometimes people will take coins in rolls and sometimes they won't. I once worked at a place that wouldn't take rolled coins, because people kept cheating them out of money by only putting coins on the tops and bottoms of rolls and filling the rest of them with appropriate sized washers. Which while incredibly clever makes rolled coins an unreliable source of money. To be honest, I doubt a place that accepted that much coin change wouldn't have a machine coin counter. Our store did and it's considered shitty by modern standards.

Phil 14

okay this one may or may not be true(there is no new thing under the sun),but I'm very skeptical. Things like this have been floating around the internet for years now.

weaboo 12

Yeah but you can weight 1 Pennie and then multiply by 230000 and then weight all of them and it should be the same

boob-bee 1

It's an FML for this person, but I bet it felt like a win for that guy.