By Ringless - 25/02/2010 21:47 - United States

Today, my fiancée and I were selecting our wedding cake. The wedding is now off since I refused to buy her the "dream" wedding cake she wanted because it was chocolate. She called me childish and cheap. I'm highly allergic to chocolate. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 296
You deserved it 3 610

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

You just dodged a huge bullet there, dude.

bike_chic 0

I say good riddance. If she's going to break it off over a cake, your marriage wouldn't last long either

Some people get too emotional about meaningless crap like a cake. I can't see why anyone would press YDI.

Thats why, instead, I'm getting a pie for my wedding....the cake lies, the pie is honest

I like your style; Wedding Pie. Also - OP, as people have said, whether or not she knew about the allergy (which she should if you're marrying her) it's good you've got out now. Because even if it was just about the cake, then she doesn't sound like the kind of person you'd want to be marrying. If it wasn't about the cake, it's probably an even bigger issue.

Well now you see my cousin was allergic to gluten. So you know what they did?? One layer of the cake was gluten free. You didn't think to ask for a layer of the cake that WASN'T chocolate?? Or even buy an extra smaller cake?? I don't think you deserved it, but I'm not agreeing with you either, because yes she comes across as selfish, but you come across as stupid.

Hmm, I'm gonna disagree. It's possible he said, "Honey, can't we get one layer that isn't chocolate?" And then that counted as 'not getting her her dream cake' and she threw a fit. Edit: Oh shit, guy below me, now I want red velvet cake! It's the best.

With some severe allergies, kissing her after she ate it could set him off. I can't even breathe near chocolate. It can be pretty bad sometimes.

huh, I guess he really IS stupid for not wanting a layer on non chocolate, it doesn't even MATTER if he gets a little slice of chocolate in his plate, eats it, and needs a tube down his throat to breathe. Shut up, retard.

#53 makes a good point. My ex was highly allergic to peanut butter and all kinds of nuts. As a safety precaution, I couldn't have *anything* with nuts in it on days that I saw him, even though Reeses are my favorite candy. He even asked me to avoid Starbucks Coffee in case of cross-contamination. Not that the sacrifice wasn't worth it (at the time), but if the OP is similarly allergic and the bride's been chowing down on chocolate my guess is that wouldn't make for much of a wedding night.

Well now it's not like he'd be smart enough to distinguish between chocolate and something else now, would he? Retard.

I feel as though you're the one coming across stupid...

Your obviously better off with out her.

bike_chic 0

of course! but the point is that she broke off the wedding over it

kyliebeatriz08 0

FML, she never loved you if she did that to you. Find a better person to be the mother of your kids.

Non6673 0

Red Velvet cake has cocoa in it.

Don't marry her or give in just run! This would be the bitch that orders the cake anyways by calling the cake company and switching the cakes last minute and then smash the shit all in your face when it was time to feed each other! Thus killing you! And for all the woman out there that are getting hurt cause I called her a bitch.... I ONLY CALL THEM HOW I SEE THEM!! SO... **** Y'ALL!!! HOES.

VolleyballSMASH 1

well, that's a tad extreme. the sad thing? it's not more than a tad. sigh, with twilight, Justin bieber, now this chick, what is happening to females?!?!