By Lily_Rain77 - 08/01/2015 00:52 - Canada - Squamish

Today, my father was playing with my son and his toy animals. He picked one up and said, "What is this? Some kind of African horse?" It was a zebra. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 167
You deserved it 2 790

Lily_Rain77 tells us more.

the best part wad when he looked at me afterwards and he realised what .he said.

Comments

then000bster 16

It's black.... With white stripes.

Maybe it's the other way around? When will we ever learn the answer to that mystery?

No longer a mystery. Zebras are black with white stripes. And also learnt that polar bears are black with transparent fur that makes them appear white. (:

Zebras are black with white stripes and polar bears are black with transparent fur? I would not be surprised if penguins have been actually wearing tuxedos the whole time. I've always suspected that.

Tickle_my_dickle 7

a wise man once told me a story... a zebra asked God if he was white with black stripes, or black with white stripes. God replied saying, you are what you are. depressed the zebra couldn't understand what God was trying to say. Soo he told his friend of his dillema and his friend said cheerfully "you're white with black stripes" when the zebra asked Why his friend simply said "if you were black with white stripes God would've said, you is what you is".... I'll show myself out *shuts door*

How long has he been living under a rock?

badluckalex 23

Does your father's name happen to be Patrick Star?

drayloon 50

It won't tolerate any horsing around, that's for sure.

That horse pretending to be the referee must have gave the father a red card.

Here's to hoping your son gets his smarts from you.

it seems he has nowhere else to get them

#4 OP's FATHER was the one who asked if the zebra was an African horse. If OP was playing with toys with his father that meant he had to be pretty young. The FML essence here is that a child still interested in toy animals could identify a zebra whereas his father could not.

My bad. Actually the one who couldn't identify a zebra was the child's grandfather. And just because OP could identify a zebra doesn't necessarily means his/her son can.

I'm hoping the grandpa meant it as a joke and was wanting the kid to correct him, so he feels smart and accomplished. my grandpa did little things like that

It could've been the case, but judging from the fact that OP posted it as a FML I think his confusion was authentic.

lol that's kinda funny and mess but don't take it so hard.

That's actually so cute. Made my night. :)

it would be cute if it were the son who said it, not the father.

You should have said "don't be silly dad, it's a mixed horse..."

It's the secret love child of the Lone Ranger's horse Silver and Black Beauty. It was a different time so they had to keep it a secret. Thank God for horses like Dr. Mare-tin Luther King Jr. and Neigh-braham Lincoln who have helped the battle for civil rights.

Hopefully your son won't be as smart as your father...

Epikatz 22

If the post is any indicator, that is an awful thing to hope for her son...

30 - im confused by your post and #9s downvotes, they said they dont want the kid to be as smart as the father, which can be interprited as they want them to be SMARTER...

I dont see this reflecting the father's intelligence at all. Is the child old enough to know zebra? If they are only starting their vocabulary, please consider the following substitutes: Zebra,pony, donkey -> horse Panther, tiger - > big cat Battleship, submarine -> boat

tantanpanda 26

"hopefully your son won't be as smart as father". This literally means son's intelligence < father's. it cannot be interpreted in your way. "What is this? some kind of african horse?". since OP posted this, she must know the tone of voice the husband used. since this is an fml, he probably genuinely didn't know about the zebra, as hard as it is to believe.

51 (and 30) - so if i say to you, "hopefully your son wont be as smart as his father, i want you to be smarter" that doesnt make sense to you? now cut off the last part of the sentence i added explaining the thought.

ops i mean, "i want him to be smarter". timed out

Well, there was the story about a girl that for whatever reason had a pet zebra and rode it like a pony. It jumped and everything... so he's definitely way off, but he's kind of, sort of onto something.

Well yes, but there was a story not to long ago. I read a few articles about her, because how cool is that?! I want to say that I was Australia.

Zebras live in Africa...and are related to horses...so he's actually not far off at all.