By dEpPrEsSeDgIrL - 11/11/2009 11:28 - United States

Today, my dad decided to clean my 20 gallon fish tank. I had 6 fish. One of them was called a transparent fish, clear with a bright orange tail, which was my favorite. My dad didn't see it, and dumped the water out along with it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 908
You deserved it 3 922

Same thing different taste

Top comments

OHIOxRAIN 0

Cheer UP, I have a transparent dog. We lose him a lot also

There are no fish called "transparent fish". There are glass fish, which are not completely transparent and if you're seeing it with a bright orange tail, it was probably dyed. Either way, your father shouldn't be cleaning your fish tank by "dumping" it out, which would be stressful to the fish and harmful to the tank's bacteria colonies. He should have been using a siphon which, when used correctly in the gravel, will not suck up fish. YDI for probably making all this up. And BTW, for all who are arguing, there are hundreds of published books and reports that use the term "fishes" as a plural for "fish". It can indeed work both ways.

Comments

Lightz_Camera_Me 0

The damn fish OP is referring to is called a Pristilla Tetra Idk if thats How you spell it But I own 2. Secondly there Small fish so i could see how the OP's father wouldnt notice it.

doggie3 0

what does the fact that you have 6 fish have to do with anything? that's all I want to know.

xxCFHxx 0

I guess you will clean the tank yourself next time, or at least assist

EVOLUTION FAIL FISH reporting for duty.

so your fish died? worse things could happen tbh what did you expect?

rrrice 0

and you didnt clean the fish tank your self cuz....

cuz he randomly cleaned it himself, without telling me, it's not really MINE, i just care for the fish.