By BAMN2187 - 31/12/2012 03:51 - United States

Today, my dad asked me when I was going to start looking for a job. Jokingly, I told him next year. He got pissed, started to yell, then realized Tuesday is New Year's Day and grounded me for "being a dumbass." FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 978
You deserved it 9 050

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Rei_Ayanami 18

I always hate when people make this joke, and they do it every year.

Comments

iwasrlybored 11

OP ask him if his refrigerator is running. When he replies why yes it is, tell him "we'll you better go catch it!" Now he should be utterly confused...when you notice his confused look, turn around and take pride in the fact that you sir are a master joke teller.

TylerDC 24

dad does sound like the dumb ass

Why is he a dumbass for wanting his son to pay his fair share? Do you like supporting able-bodied deadbeats? Maybe OP should come mooch off of you.

I26- maybe you didn't realize that OP is able to look for a job this week and still fit the constraints of their own statement. Hardly a deadbeat. You sound like the dad.

What's wrong with being a dad? I don't see anything wrong with someone who loves his children enough to want them to be responsible and respectable adults. If that makes me a bad guy deserving of all the thumbs down then I'll accept that. One of my proudest achievements was being a dad. You can tell a lot about a person by looking at the behavior of their children.

Billy- Do you understand whats being said here, at all? Or do you just dry hump your keyboard to form thoughts?

Billy I'll say it slowly for you. Becuase. Tomorrow. Is. New. Years. Op. Said. He. Would. Get. A. Job. Next. Year. No. job. Will. Hire. Today. The. Dad. Being. A. Dumbass. Grounded. Op. Because. He. Failed. To. Realize. This..

Nobody said there was anything wrong with being a dad and the FML was about being punished for making a smart ass comment not for being unemployed though thy are probably related.

61, I know you're trying to be funny so you can see a lot of thumbs up next to your name and that's okay, that's what this site is all about. But you and 59 should go back and re-read what I wrote. My comment had nothing to do with the son. I got the joke just fine. And 59, there is no way you would say something like that to my face. You're very lucky you can hide your sniveling little ass behind a computer screen way up there in the 51st State because if you saw me, you'd keep your mouth shut.

Im sorry billy, no matter how many times i read your comments and the comments that your comment is supposed to be relevant to....you are still an idiot. I feel sorry for your child, and i feel sorry for you for so many reasons. Cheers :)

They should. Every once and a while, I like to pick up a hooker ad take her out to dinner somewhere nice. Ask how her day was, maybe catch a movie, or go for a walk in the park. Because I'm just that kinda guy.

And you still pay her for that? I'm in the wrong line of work.

64- Someone with the title "miss" is usually a girl.

U_GotitDude 18

The pot calling the kettle black

Rei_Ayanami 18

I always hate when people make this joke, and they do it every year.

I had a teacher of a class everyone hates say we were done for the year; then everybody cheered, until he said he'd see us in 2013 -_-

You're both dumbasses and you should go look for a job

Lol, his head was too far up his ass for him to admit his own mistake so he grounds you. Seriously though, get a job.

I bet he has a better job then working at 711 like you 33

IworkAt711 14

I work at 7-11 and prefer nothing else.

Even when your 40, living in your parents basement, still a virgin, and obese from all those hotdogs and chips? /sarcasm

Qwermy 16

The economy is in the shitter. It's not easy to get a job these days.

A career job probably but a job can be anything from walking dogs to fast food.

He should ground you till the end of the year. That'll show you.

Qwermy 16

But that would mean missing New Years parties...

lmaouloser 5

You're not a dumbass! … you're a Jackass. A snarky reply to someone who is supporting you, great idea!

AndOtherDrugs 5

It was just a joke. Some children are comfortable enough with their parents to joke with them.

He seems to be the stupid one. Better to be a smartass than a dumbass, I always say.

nycwrestler 17

Better to have a fat ass than to have no ass.