By yeshehaspornaddiction - 02/07/2013 04:37 - United Kingdom - Derby

Spicy
Today, my boyfriend told me to completely shave off all of my already-groomed pubic area because, "It looks so unnatural." Ignoring the obvious lack of logic, I asked him why he keeps his totally ungroomed. Turns out "Men having hair is okay. Women aren't supposed to, though." FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 010
You deserved it 13 397

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's sad how many men genuinely believe this. I've known guys in the past who truly thought women don't grow pubic hair, and that the ones who do have some sort of disorder or testosterone problem. :/ It's ok to have preferences. But you're a douchebag as soon as you tell a woman she is "unnatural" for having hair down there. And you're a double-douchebag if you want your girlfriend to groom herself, while you yourself don't.

To quote the great Stoya, "If you think pubic hair on a woman is unnatural or weird, you aren't mature enough to be touching vaginas."

Comments

What a hypocrite, tell him off. Fair should be fair :P

knoxxx 22

His loss. I'd tell him he can be happy with my hair or he can go watch a porno by himself.

I suggest you make your boyfriend watch an educational video about puberty and if you don't want to shave down there (I wax, shaving there makes you itchy) tell him that demanding that you shave down there is no way to treat you, telling you to do it rather than suggest it is rude.

panicxgirl 12

Gotta love society's double standards. In my personal opinion, if we have to be completely shaved (like a prepubescent child) then I think the men should be as well. OP, don't break up with your boyfriend just because society has brainwashed him, try to discuss with him different options that work for you both, or try explaining to him that having hair is not unnatural, being a woman with absolutely no hair is more likely to be unnatural.

Count your blessings, you could have a man like me who thinks women in aprons are hot... add an oven mitt and I can barely contain myself.

Buy a bald cap, put it on, tell him you shaved your head because women are not supposed to have hair according to him and watch his reaction

Did he fail biology or is he really thag much of an idiot?

Wow OP. If he doesn't shave, why should you have to? It's natural, don't let him make your decision for you.