By Anonymous - 29/04/2011 12:53 - New Zealand

Today, my boyfriend of nearly two years broke up with me because he's sick of me being annoyed at him. Why am I annoyed at him? Because he wants to go and spend a week with his ex. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 571
You deserved it 5 308

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Yeah, I'd be annoyed if I were you too.

Then kick his ass, instead of being annoyed with him. I would have dumped his ass if my boyfriend ever even thought of doing that.

Comments

Yeah, I'd be annoyed if I were you too.

RainbowHeadache 2

Wow. Well if he broke up with you over that no telling what he's been doing with said ex or anyone else for that matter. Or maybe you bitch about him hanging out with other girls a lot & he's tired of it. We'll never know.

absolutely irrelevant comment. Yada Yada Yada

dirtyblond 4
ImThePope 2

Yay for ex's? ;D They are an example for a reason my butt. People will never learn xD

xk75 4

I wouldn't just be annoyed, I'd be single. why didn't she dump him the second he seriously told her he planned on reuniting with the ex?

How can you let him dump you first? You should've dumped him the moment he told you he wants to spend time with his ex.

If you loved him, you should've trusted him.

MrsConcieded2k14 0

okay you let YOUR boyfriend go spend time with his ex and see how it ends with you (:

This is just me having faith in the OP's bf, but what if they are actually just going to hang out... as unlikely as that is. Maybe I just misread the fml, I am kind of tired.... anyway..

wiggs5 0

I wouldve ended it as soon as he thought of it! I'm sorry :( I feel bad for you.

106- The op was clearly too boring for her boyfriend else he wouldn't feel the need to go back to his ex.

They need to hang out for an entire week? I doubt it.

how old are you? with age yes you gain trust but you also gain knowledge. the definition of knowledge is the complete opposite of what you're saying. why on earth would someone who wants to be with their "true love" want to spend the weekend with their ex?!

Yeah see when OP said that he wanted to visit his ex for a week, it kind of sounded like he was going to be staying with the ex for the week. Suspicious maybe?

Like I said in my other comment, I didn't believe that I was in the right state of mind, and I wanted us to be able to try and talk and sort things out when we were calm

98 - It's not about trust. If there's really nothing going on between him & his ex, then why not invite OP along? And spend time for a whole long week? Then break up with her when she disagrees? I won't be too comfortable with that either.

zakkyzebra 11

166, maybe he was planning something special for OP but she just started to bitch him out (as she usually does) and finally had enough of it, seeing she's a spoiled bitch, thus breaking up with her. Just a scenario.

suppepz 0

I would of dump him the second I found out!

jane79 0

I'd be more than annoyed with him. first off if he thinks it's a good idea to spend a week with his ex then he has some brain malfunction and as for him dumping you op I would have dumped him for telling me he was spending the week with his ex now if they are just friends and they have always kept in contact from the get go of your 2 relationship fine nothing wrong with talking and being friends the problem is spending a week with her alone so it not all about trusting him it's rude and disrespectfull to you unless you and the girl are all friends and hang out together so op I would not count him as a loss more of you wasted 2 years of your time with an asshole, you could always get even and date one of his buddies. or just move on and find a guy worth being with

Why He's friend with his ex thats not bad

a_nutritionist 10

so hes still in contact and close with his ex, maybe they work together and need to go on a business trip or maybe he just wanted to organise a trip for them all to take together and she just couldnt make it because she put work first, who knows? why are we judging this guy without knowing the situation? oh right, because we are on fml, and thats what you people tend to do. i think id do the exact same thing he did, ditch your ass because youre incapable of trusting me with my friends and because i can foresee your insecurities being a major problem every single time something comes up that you dont like. ydi. sure, he may have had bad intentions, but i guess youll never find out now will you?

FFAffliction 0

You are just being a bitch..

FFAffliction 0

really I get moderated for being sarcastic... **** the admins of this site..

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Lynne2 0

I had one of those mushroom things. they had candies in it :):)

lol, that's probably not why he broke up with you then...

OMG_N3RD 0

I have the star and mushroom!!

Then kick his ass, instead of being annoyed with him. I would have dumped his ass if my boyfriend ever even thought of doing that.

** boyfriend ever even thought of doing that. lol.

slushpup9696 12

That's the same thing as you just said...

Dammit I was going to point that out.

Me too, I would never even think about doing that to my Girl Friend

BooGhosted 0

Pshh now is the time to go meet your ex then.. Or many exes >:)

borkchop1992 15

I'm one of the least jealous girls I know, but I would still be uncomfortable with him spending a week with any girl, especially an ex of his if I'm not there. Even if logically, I know that he won't cheat on me, it would still be a very unpleasant week for me, and might cause relationship issues in the future. Also, you have to wonder, why was OP's boyfriend so insistent on going somewhere to spend a week with his ex, and not inviting OP along. There might be more to the story, but from what we know, OP is totally in the right.

my bf and I have mutual rules.. no exes and if we wants friends of the opposite sex then the other has to meet them first. it prevents fights :)

10 - Overly jealous? Put yourself in OP's situation, would you like if your girlfriend spends a week with her ex?

overly jealous? what would you do if your girl wanted to spend a week alone with another Guy?

a_nutritionist 10

@93 some of us are in mature relationships and wouldnt mind. perhaps youd be annoyed and storm around like a princess, but then people like you arent capable of forming that kind of relationship anyway...so i guess im just trying to describe colour to the blind.

I'm surprised you even care, I'd have broken up if my gf insisted to have a week with an ex... no fml imo

Seriously? Why wouldn't she care? They were together for TWO years. You're a huge douchebag.

129 - that's exactly what I think! They clearly broke up over 2 years ago, I think OP's being a little precious.

enonymous 8

I remember my first Hall Pass. I went on tour like Charlie Sheen at the AVN awards

strawberrydreams 18

Don't feel bad OP. At least he saved you the embarrassment of possibly getting cheated on. Seriously, what kind of guy would want to hang out with their ex and NOT expect their current partner to be annoyed or slightly jealous?

Me. I trust my partners completely and I would expect them to trust me the same; if I want to hang out with a current friend who happens to have been an ex at one point in time, and you don't trust me enough to do that, I'm not sure how long the relationship would last.

Though, in fairness, a week is really long...